A Conversation for The Café

The Counter

Post 181

Bluebottle

What do you think of it? I'm constantly over-whelmed by it's size!

The Counter

Post 182

JokerFord2001(the times they are a changin')

Unbelievably huge. I've only been in on 8 or 10 threads and visited a few sites. My sis (aka Luna) is always
telling me of great forums. The problem is she tells me this in passing and then I forget what they are called
and never get to them.

The Counter

Post 183

Bluebottle

Ah right.. Well, you can always flick through the "more forums" pages on her page and see what you can find and what rings a bell, or just make your own way about. You'll find your own great forums, and what your sister enjoys you may not. A good start is always my homepage (but I _would_ say that, wouldn't I?) Seriously, visit people's homepages - they're too often neglected.

The Counter

Post 184

I've been venturing to others' homes when I get a chance. Thanks for the advice. You are correct
my sis and I do have different tastes however if anyone knew how much we have collaberated on
posts sometimes they would think that we share a brain (or at least part of one).

The Counter

Post 185

Bluebottle

I know the feeling - I live in a student house with 2 other H2G2ers, and we started off following each other about a lot - but we've found our own forums and friends, and that's always a good start.

The Counter

Post 186

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Alright, that's one tripple esspresso with whipped cream (???) for kats-eyes smiley - coffee

JokerFord2000 I'm afraid that we don't have a liquor license, but I'd be willing to pour you a cup of black coffee and then turn my back while you make it "Irish" yourself smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

*Pours smiley - coffee of coffee and then makes himself busy elsewhere, making more whipped cream*

~Irving

The Counter

Post 187

No need for liquor Irving, just pour some strong black coffee in a lepricaun's shoe with some heavy cream.
That should suffice.LOL

The Counter

Post 188

fills up a i__> (well, YOU try making a leprechaun's shoe!!!) with a cup of Irving's Not Quite as World Famous as Dan's Coffee and add's a dolop of Irving's World Famous Whipped Cream. There, one world famous cup of coffee in the shoe of an Irish Midget!

~Irving

The Counter

Post 189

Thanks for the java Irving. I really need it after the karoke just now.

The Counter

Post 190

See, there's no karoke when there's no liquor

The Counter

Post 191

There can be it's just not done quite as well!

The Counter

Post 192

Hello everybody! We made Peta's Picks! I'm excited because I've never done that before, so I'm gonna say FREE COFFEE ALL AROUND!!!

~Irving

The Counter

Post 193

Mrs V

Helena is having a hard time keeping up with all these free coffee orders, especially as her IQ recently dropped to room temperature.

The Counter

Post 194

Opinionated Lurker

what makes you say this?
do you have an iq-ometer?

The Counter

Post 195

That's okay, Helena, I'm sure some of them can come up here and get it themselves smiley - smiley

~Irving

The Counter

Post 196

Mrs V

Well, I don't know, I think its an automatic reaction to people assuming that I'm thick...

The Counter

Post 197

Opinionated Lurker

but dont you tell people that? so not much assuming is needed.
there again, your posts appear to be far more intelligent than mine,
and many other people round here...which is a bit confusing!

The Counter

Post 198

Mrs V

Oh I don't know, that would involve thinking, and I think the ammount of beer last night killed off too many braincells!!

The Counter

Post 199

weakethics

Coffee for myself and my compugeek buddies in the corner, please. Hope their surly attitude does not offend, but Y2K prep has got us all down.

The Counter

Post 200

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

here, have your c(~), and welcome to the Aroma smiley - winkeye
*bows gracefully, prepared to labour away as Helenas temporary, if not quite that beautiful'n'witty substitute*

we're all here to serve you smiley - winkeye

*whispers* Hej Irv, another customer! it's thriving!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more