A Conversation for They

Caution

Post 1

Rickshaw Splat

Take care! They know who you are and they know where you live.

Caution

Post 2

Jimi X

So does this mean that Santa Claus is one of Them?

Caution

Post 3

Briktal Swiftsword

They have no names. Do They really exist, or are They just something someone made up once because they had no other cause for an event. Just like the Perfectly Normal Beasts in Mostly Harmless. They aren't normal but that guy said they are and all the people belived him.

Pretty Hard Too

Caution

Post 4

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I once had a math tutor who drew me a diagram of where They lived (convened, whatever). You entered through a secret passage right beside a fire hydrant that led down into the earth, then once you got down far enough you abruptly started going straight (North? South? East? West? he wouldn't tell me) until you were directly under a farm house with a silo, where this huge meeting room or underground lair or whatever opened up and that's where They were. He claimed he was one of Them. He said They had Their eyes on me. Of course he was doing this while he was supposed to be tutoring me in math, so perhaps it was all one of Their plots to keep me from excelling at the subject by tempting me with just enough infor to keep me interested, but not enough to give anything away.

Caution

Post 5

Researcher 33337

They are indeed everywhere. You ever handed in an essay on a subject you love, which you have spent hours working on and have lovingly crafted before carefully taking possably one the best essays ever written on that subject and handing it in. Two weeks later teh results coem out and bam, not a bad mark, just a mediocre mark for your masterpiece. Meanwhile the top grade was won by the person who did everything in one cofee-fuelled day. This is the influence of them. They intend to break the will of everyone who cares. they are increasing apathy in order to take over the world.

Caution

Post 6

They are also putting some intelligence enhancing drug in coffee.

Caution

Post 7

Nobby the Aardvark

I believe it's called cafiene.

Caution

Post 8

no, cafiene just enhances your ability to fidget with your pen, it doesn't actually increase your articulation.

Caution

Post 9

Gwennie

Cafiene need I fix inarticulate help .....

Caution

Post 10

Try Ritalin.

Caution

Post 11

Gwennie

I'll try anything once but it'll have to taste as good as coffee!

Caution

Post 12

Well, I'd suggest washing down the Ritalin with coffee, but I've see what happens when one mixes that sort of thing with caffiene. not pretty

Caution

Post 13

Gwennie

Right! So, I'll need to clean the carpet afterwards then? Or is it worse than that????

Caution

Post 14

Lets just say that, although Ritalin allows you to focus energy better, it doesn't mean that you have more control over what you focus energy ON. Add caffien...

Caution

Post 15

Gwennie

Oooh, ta! Sounds great - where can I get some???????

Caution

Post 16

Robin

Don't bother. They won't tell you.

Caution

Post 17

Gwennie

I'm off to sulk now then!

Caution

Post 18

DON'T YOU SEE!?!? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO!!!!!

Caution

Post 19

Gwennie

Alright then - I'm NOT off to sulk. I'm off to make someone else sulk instead - probably an unsuspecting civil servant!

Caution

Post 20

Nobby the Aardvark

Are They civil servants then?

Key: Complain about this post