Yes, a huge loss.

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 3

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

So genial, witty, intelligent, human.

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

He did really well to continue writing for eight years with Alzheimer's. Of course, we may never know how much his daughter was writing for him at the end. smiley - sadface

Death was a character in almost all his Discworld books. He has now met Death in person. I hope it was a pleasant meeting. smiley - smiley

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 5

Yelbakk

DEATH may have let him ride Binky, yes?

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It's the least He could have done. smiley - smiley

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 7

Mol - on the new tablet

Thank you, paulh. Your reminder that TP may now be chatting with one of his best characters is something of a consolation.

Well, insofar as Death 'chats'.

Mol

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I am sure Death *tries* to chat...
I expect them to play a game of Thud too.
smiley - towel

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 9

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I'm am so gutted to hear this. RIP Sir Terry and thanks for all the wonderous times I got to spend in your imagination.

smiley - rose

FB

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 10

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Bugrit!

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 11

Bluebottle

smiley - candle

<BB<

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Another smiley - candle to light his way.

Rest in Peace, Terry smiley - rose

lil xx

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 13

Pink Paisley

Of course we knew that this day was coming, but I'm sadder than I thought I would be.

PP.

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 14

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Am I selfish in wishing there had been one more Granny Weatherwax book?smiley - wah

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 15

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

A great author
His books shall be missed... smiley - sadface

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 16

Deb

I'm reading A Hatful of Sky at the moment and was delighted with Granny Weatherwax's appearance.

Like pp, I'm more sad that I expected to be. There are tears in my eyes which is a bit stupid really.

I only "discovered" Terry Pratchett a few years ago and I now only have a few more Discworld books to read. I'm gutted there'll be no more.

smiley - rose

Deb smiley - cheerup

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 17

Superfrenchie

smiley - candle

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 18

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/discworld-quotes-about-life-the-universe-and-everything?utm_term=.dynD5pW1B&fb_ref=click_share#.mbNK5OmGB

Some quotes that I knew and some I missed..I'll be looking for more when I re-read the books.

smiley - magic

Terry Pratchett... oh no

Post 19

Mol - on the new tablet

I know what you mean, Deb. I keep telling myself that it's best that he's escaped the 'embuggerance', that he's now joined all my other favourite authors in that great reading room in the sky, that he wrote lots and lots of books that I can re-read ...

... but I just feel incredibly sad at his passing.

Mol

Thread Moved

Post 20

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Ask h2g2' to 'The Lounge'.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more