A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's Wrong With Americans

Post 6641

fablefilou2000

It is not because I am French that I agree on everything with my President and I hope that this is the same for all of you!!!smiley - cool

Post 6642

U195408

It is true for me to - It is not b/c I am french that I agree or disagree with my president (cause I'm not french).

Post 6643

fablefilou2000

good then

Post 6644

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

smiley - book

VOTE!

Post 6645

The only thing Bush and I agree on is the space program. And even that's a bad idea right now, with budget deficits, crime problems and the international situation. Maybe in another four years, when we elect a real president.

Empty, I know you're still spouting the line about the problem of the apathetic Americans who don't agree with Bush's policies, and still believe an election will fix everything.

Let me explain once again why this is a lot harder than it looks.

• The only two ways to remove a president from office (legally) is to impeach him, or vote him out of office.

• An impeachment takes a majority vote from the House and Senate. We have a Republican majority in the House and Senate. The chances of the Republicans voting to impeach one of their own is about as great, say, as the chance that monkeys will fly out of my rectum.

• Therefore the only hope us benighted Democrats have is to vote Bush out at the next election. Or vote for somebody besides Republicans in the House and Senate. If we can't get Bush out of office, we can at least pack the House and Senate with people who aren't so concerned about their own pockets and more concerned with the economy and the environment. They don't have to be Democrats, although Democrats will be more eager to impeach. Which is why I say VOTE! Please! If you're American, and you'd like to see a change in your country, cast your vote in the next election.

I know you're in New Zealand and haven't had the years of education about American government and how it works, and so you don't fully understand the system. Before you start pointing fingers, do a little more research. Heck, you might come up with something cool that nobody's thought of yet.

Post 6646

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<< Of course Bush is a lying piece of ...
He was lying during his 2000 campaign - this was born out rapidly by his actions as president. He'll lie about anything. Their strategy is "mobilize the base, confuse the middle". >>
Yes, Dave - woo hoo! I am so pleased to hear you say the above. smiley - cakesmiley - bubbly
Are you voting Wesley Clark? Tell me about him. I thought Howard Dean was the man...

Post 6647

Dave, woo hoo, you are *so* talking sense! (well not 100%) - I agree about the capitalism but not the democracy... smiley - peacedove

Post 6648

Bonjour, fablefilou, je te souviens!smiley - biggrin

Post 6649

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Gen Wes Clark is a decorated war veteran who has won amongst other the bronze star, the siver star and the presidential medal of freadom. He has been given two honourary knight hoods, one by the british and one by the dutch. He is in favour of progresive tax, clean air and other enviromental regulation, after schools programs, gun control and is pro choice. his web site is http://www.clark04.com/ . I'm not american, but if I was I'd vote for him. Also bush couldn't use the war on terror/in iraq as a weapon in his ellection arsonel against Clark, as Clark is, as I stated before, a decorated vet, where as bush got his dad to get him into the Texas Air National Guard and then went AWOL.

smiley - cheers

Post 6650

Thanks for the information about Wes Clark, I don't think you're happy enough, that's right... I'll teach you to be happy... I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
(What a nickname - phew!) smiley - cake

Post 6651

Unfortunately, Clark isn't as popular as Kerry in the polls. There's more people likely to vote for Bush than Clark. Maybe Clark will get picked for his running mate. He needs to really increase his profile among voters, and the vice-president will make the difference.

Actually, I'd rather see him pick a minority or woman as his VP. We've got to break down those barriers, and people are ready for a change from the relentless masculinity. This isn't a patriarchy!

Post 6652

badger party tony party green party

smiley - book

Post 6653

BryceColluphid

[BC]

Post 6654

blaue Augen

How about Hillary for VP? smiley - run

Post 6655

U195408

Clark is awesome...but I don't think he's going to get the nomination. Kerry is also a decorated war veteran. I'll vote Kerry in the primary for sure.

I think Hilary and Daschle (leader of the dems in the senate) sat out this election, planning on waiting till 2008 to run...they may have missed their chance.

dave

Post 6656

U195408

Oops freudian slip. I'll vote Clark in the primary, but I'll probably be voting for Kerry in the election.

dave

Post 6657

Saturnine

Lentilla, I hate that attitude.

They should pick the person that is right for the job, not because of their skin colour or genitalia.

Post 6658

clzoomer- a bit woobly

All things in time, politics are like glaciers, nothing happens slowly and a kick on the east side won't move the west side in our lifetime. smiley - biggrin

Post 6659

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - rofl

*nothing happens /quickly/*

smiley - laugh

smiley - sorry

Post 6660

> They should pick the person that is right for the job, not because of their skin colour or genitalia.

I agree - but so far in American history it's been genitalia and skin color first, qualifications second. There's lots of highly qualified individuals who I'd love to see as vice-president who have never even been considered for the job. Somebody has to break down that wall.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more