A Conversation for Ask h2g2

"Personal motto" (w**k-centric)

Post 1

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

We're in the midst of a merger and, apparently, each employee is going to get a bit of space on the brand new merged website. We've each had a photo, and the word in the office is that the next stage will be three short paragraphs by each of us about who we are and what we do. Furthermore, one of these is to be, they say, a "personal motto".
This seems to me an ideal opportunity for a bit of fun. Obviously, anything noticeably frivolous will not be accepted for public viewing, so I'm going to have to be subtle. smiley - evilgrin I need something inoccuous at first, but which holds a hilarious hidden message for those 'in the know'; maybe a sci-fi/fantasy quote, or something originally by someone with whom the company might not normally wish to be associated.
Any ideas?

No Subject

Post 2

Yelbakk

What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

Y.

Post 3

Deb

Hmm. "Your lack of planning is not my crisis" probably isn't subtle enough.

Although I have decided to adopt it as my personal motto at work - I'll live by it but I won't tell anyone.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

"To win awards and be fabulus." smiley - erm Or,
"Too kick ass regularly." smiley - erm hmm. maybe not smiley - dohsmiley - erm *thinks* smiley - erm

Post 5

HonestIago

Just keep swimming. smiley - schooloffish

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Can you give us any hints as to the line of business your company is involved in? That would make it easier for us to suggest something appropriate.

Post 7

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Law. Broadly.

Post 8

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Do you need someone sueing? I work in the biggest suer going!

Yes, I know, you wanted subtle. What kind of law?

Post 9

All sorts actually. I'm just an admin grunt, though.

Post 10

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Bit like me, for 3 more weeks!

At this firm, we're experts in Civil Litigation, Information Technology, Official Receivers and Injunction Serving. This makes us proud. smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I take it 'resistance is futile' is not what you, or they, are looking for?

Hmm...

Post 12

Mrs Zen

Could you make something of Shakespeare? There's Dick's comment about Lawyers here:

http://www.william-shakespeare.info/act4-script-text-henry-vi-part2.htm

Post 13

Mrs Zen

And here's a bunch more: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/quotes/shakespearelawyers.html

Post 14

Mrs Zen

OOoh: "Hard working, kind hearted, and always open to new ideas" - See the last line of: A2163520

Post 15

Mrs Zen

Awesome! My post's been hidden! Lord knows why: it contained a reference to Shakespeare - speficically to a character called Dick (17th C abbreviation for Richard) who had very clear ideas about what to do with lawyers. Google Henry VI Part 2, and go to Act IV scene ii.

Post 16

The Twiggster

"Never, ever bloody anything, ever." The Comic Strip Presents... Mr. Jolly Lives Next Door.

"Smoke it 'n' hammer it."

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

Post 17

Reddy Freddy

"Share and Enjoy"

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 18

swl

Work will make me free.

Post 19

Rod

As posted to your other, ThreadInError thread

Always obey the last instruction given

Post 20

Taff Agent of kaos

i have seen things you can only imagine, attack ships on fire off the shoulder of orion, c-beam glittering in the darkness at the tanner-hauser gate, all gone now like tears in the rain, time to die.

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post