A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What questions are you expecting to see on ASK as a consequence of the influx of new researchers at the film release?

Post 181

C Hawke

Ah, those dots are supposed to be rivets are they smiley - smiley

No sorry there is only one true way to hootoo and that is in Goo Frames!

CHawke

What questions are you expecting to see on ASK as a consequence of the influx of new researchers at the film release?

Post 182

Elentari

"Orange and teal are good why, exactly?" That is a fair point. smiley - smiley

I tried Goo frames, but I find the frames too distracting. It's just personal preference.

Post 183

Baron Grim

Rivets are just smiley - cool.

Maybe brunel appeals to testosterone. smiley - laugh

Men are from brunel, women are from alabaster. smiley - rofl

I never could figure out that fish on a pennyfarthing thing.

Post 184

You can call me TC

Someone further back (sorry to get back to the topic on the thread but there are MILLIONS of conversations about skins) said "why don't we have an FAQ?"

Yeah, well, C Hawke hasn't got time to compile it - so .... any volunteers?

Strictly speaking, if taken literally, an FAQ should be a compilation of the most frequently asked questions in Ask the Community? smiley - winkeye

Post 185

C Hawke

mmm not sure why picking on poor old me (did wonder for a moment if you'd found a way to slip a GuideML tag into a post through - now that would be fun)

It would be in the Spirit of the original guide to have a nice big friendly FAQ button on every page, that went to a page listing every topic ever posted on "Ask" - Nice to look at, but totally useless!

smiley - biggrin

Or is that being mean?

CHawke

Post 186

Elentari

I can't remember if this has already been mentioned, but if we do have an FAQ, it should include abbreviations and refernces like PR, PS, DNA and so on. And explain things like the Infinite Improbability Drive.

Post 187

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

<./>DontPanic-FAQ</.>

h2Jargon <./>A632431</.>

No need to reinvent the wheel smiley - laugh

Post 188

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Someone might like to have a look at <./>A719840</.> - I'm always open to suggestions ... if you see something that could be added please drop me a line smiley - biggrin

Post 189

Elentari

Just had a look at those, I had no idea that existed! Great job. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more