A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How to dump someone and how not to - oh and the funniest experiences to lighten the mood

Post 161

Spynxxx

Yes B, true as life. On the positive side though, it did set up all the wonderful adventures later. Chatting with the Princess' in Monte Carlo, running with the fab set, parties all over Europe, and all the wonderful things I did and saw. I took full advantage of all life offered, and never regret a day.

As to pain, I've been married twice and have a son, and still, she remains a part of me to this day. True love can sometimes be just that. True.

How to dump someone and how not to - oh and the funniest experiences to lighten the mood

Post 162

Mrs Zen

The key thing is to never ever regret.

My ex, (the self-same who sends me emails), used to say that he would rather lie on his death bed and say "I shouldn't have done that... tee hee ... oh, and I *really* shouldn't have done that ... tee hee hee" rather than say "I wish I'd done this, and I wish I'd done that" and I think he is right.

I've done stuff in my life which has caused me a lot of pain, but it was all worth it, and it was all done consciously knowing that I was making a call and would have to take the consequences. So I guess the key thing is to be aware of what you are doing, and to act consciously.

Which Princess? Dad described one of them as "a fascinating bitch" (a line from a song of his mis-speant youth, I think) when he saw her at the Opera there, but I'd have to sit down and work out which of the two he meant.

It's a cliche, but better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. And though I don't believe in "The One", (how could I have loved two men in my life past distraction, if there was only One?) I do know that there is such a thing as "True Love" - how else could I have loved them both, and love them still, so deeply?)

B

Post 163

Spynxxx

Truely B, You are a rare and special soul

There's few in the world who will take responsibility for what they do. My hat is off to you . I get quite upset when people, having had something backfire, hide behind a cliche like "I had a bad childhood" or "Society caused me to act this way". GROW UP says I!

And it was Steph and Caroline, both of whom where quite charming and not at all what one would expect. Cute as buttons to! I suppose that if I lived under the public eye, I might get a little bitchy myself from time to time. As it were, I was more worried about getting a little at the time, so maybe my judgement was clouded.smiley - tongueout

Post 164

Serephina

How not to dump someone? Id say the way I was dumped last october is a good example! I'd been seeing another researcher about 8/9 months and it wasn't exactly casual..he'd made all the running, said he loved me first etc. All was fine as far as i knew, though i could get a bot annoyed at his lack of communication skills of pretty much any kind, we never argued, not once. Then he just started being a bit off, i asked if all was ok..yes its fine, just 'insert apprpriate excuse' then one night on the phone we were discussing the tickets i was gonna book for his birthday present n it just came out..quit nastily too! Apparently id dione nothing wrong, there was just something misssing, just didnt love me..very callously said too. I got an apologetic email email the next day ,do you love, really want to stay friends etc.. which i thought was nice. I really wanted to stay civil n ive tried, but hes been a complete b*stard since, first bering mean n then just blanking me..i didnt deserve any of that when as he said himself i didnothing wrong! not only was 'it' gutless enough to leave it till the last minute n then not even have a real reason, but has treated me like crap since when i wouldve forgiven.thats just evil.

Post 165

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

OH! I have a how not to dump someone story!
Me and this guy got all goofy about eachother on a band trip (i know what your thinking, band nerd love right?) but we went to central park in NY together, and we were getting pretty serious over the few days we had in NY. so we come home to nevada and all of a suddent i find out that he is dating my so called friend!just like that! he never told me that we were over either! he just started dating my 'friend' and let me watch!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Post 166

Beer Elf

ooh the pain.. it's horrible, and yet we still take the plunge again every time, maybe it is better to have loved and lost.. I just wish it felt that way whenever I've been binned.

1, First every boyfriend, couldn't keep his hands to himself, gave me an STD, etc etc, eventually I threw him out of my house (OK, it was my parent's house ) in his pants, followed by his clothes, out of the bedroom window. I then got dressed again, went back to school and sat Gen Science o level paper 2!<smiley - smiley>

2, Left Husband after 6 years with our two children, and a case with clothes in. I've worked very hard at keeping him as a friend
because we sort of grew up together, and we have 2 beautiful children.

3, I was very painfully dumped about 8 years ago by a bloke I'd been seeing, he said it was because he fancied another girl, and didn't want to treat me the same way as he'd treated his ex lol. I insisted he came over and told me to my face. So when he got there, this great big alpha male dissolved into tears and couldn't stop sobbing, because the rest of his life would be too scarey without me in it!!
He still dumped me though!smiley - sadface
I'm still waiting for my karma, because 2 years later, I bumped into the band he used to play bass with, and told them all his guilty little sexual secrets!! And nothing bad has happened in the years since then, and I have a lovely man now.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more