A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How to dump someone and how not to - oh and the funniest experiences to lighten the mood

Post 1

Mrs Zen

Well?

B

How to dump someone and how not to - oh and the funniest experiences to lighten the mood

Post 2

azahar

Well, I think that if a relationship isn't working then it isn't working for both people involved (even if both don't realise it). So, theoretically speaking, there should be no 'dumper' or 'dumpee' since it is usually just a case of one person taking the initiative to finish something that is better off finished.

Which doesn't answer your question at all, Ben, but what the heck. smiley - winkeye

az

Post 3

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

easiest break up I ever had.....

rang his brother an asked him to come an get M an his stuff, as I was sick of him...

brothers response:
'Do I have to?'

M just looked as brother collected his stuff, and said

I guess this means goodbye'

BTW we are still friends today

Post 4

Kat - From H2G2

Well my girlfriend is ALWAYS trying to get me to chuck her due to her own insecurities...

I've had....

Oh I'm annoying you am I? Well why dont you go out with someone else! (after having said how much better Id be with someone else every sentence)

yeah give up kat! Give up and go out with someone else

I cant deal with the expectations! You have expectations of me and I dont blame you but I cant do that.

You're a crap kisser.

You OBVIOUSLY want to go with them so...why dont you?

Look I just told you that I dont care about it...thats not right for a girlfriend! Go find someone else!

You've got all these girls leaping to go out with you...why dont you!?

Over 9 months I have been chucked for a grand total of 4 hours and 20 mins. And the last time was a fortnight ago for an hour and 40 mins bt that was because we both fell asleep in the middle somewhere.

Post 5

Mu Beta

I went out with a girl just before I went to Uni. Unfortunately, although I made it clear that I wasn't interested in anything long-distance, she didn't take the hint when I cleared off to Uni and kept ringing me and bussing down to see me.

So I put up with her for the first term, and she kept hanging around over Christmas, despite a few unsubtle hints from my direction that I wasn't particularly interested.

I went away over New Year with some friends, and when I got back, my best friend was sat on my front doorstep waiting for me. He took me out for a few pints and admitted that he'd slept with her on New Year's Eve. I could have hugged him - I now had the perfect excuse to dump her. Result!

B

Post 6

Signe (with a persistent question mark on her face - soap and water does not help)

Just one advice on how not to: don't pretend that everything is just fine right until the last moment when you finally get the guts to dump the person. I didn't like it very much when a boyfriend did it that way. Master B's unsubtle hints sound much better to me..

Post 7

Kat - From H2G2

Yeah and if they act like everything's fine until the last minute you can't decide whether they're a) fooling b) just upset c) actually want you to chase them to reassure themselves or d) actually hate you.

Post 8

Mrs Zen

Where do guys get the idea that hoping someone will "get the hint" is an ok way to end a relationship?

>> she didn't take the hint

>> despite a few unsubtle hints from my direction that I wasn't particularly interested

>> I now had the perfect excuse to dump her

My ex tried using this technique on a girlfriend (odd situation telling your ex-husband how to end a technically adulterous relationship) "Hopefully she will get the hint" he said.

I told him to talk to her. I have no idea if he did.

Incidentally - has anyone here been dumped by e-mail? Or by text?

B

Post 9

Mu Beta

I just think it goes to show that women aren't half as subtle as they think. Men can usually take a hint.

B

Post 10

Mrs Zen

Whatever you say, B. Whatever you say.

B

Post 11

Kat - From H2G2

Girls are just as bad as guys...Ive chucked both and all in all there's little difference. Although girls do the crying much more than guys..but then there was Jon who stalked my ex after she chucked him for me...hmm.

Post 12

Kat - From H2G2

I've been chucked over MSN before

Post 13

Jab [Since 29th November 2002]

A mate, in a black mood went to a girlfriend and said: "I'm sick of your bloody questions all the time! You're ugly, your chucked!"

Painful to watch, painfully funny when she asked: "Chucked why?"

Women eh? smiley - erm

Post 14

Baconlefeets

I've been dumped by text before, I sent him a msg asking if he was enjoying his day at this car show thingy, i got one back a couple of hours later saying "i don't think this is gonna work" I asked why and if i'd done something, to which he replied "no"

Actually, I've been dumped twice by texts!smiley - groan But the second time, e hadn't been seeing eachother long. He just said, "don't think I'm gonna go to pub tommorow and don't think we should see eachother anyway"smiley - erm

I've never been dumped, or dumped someone to their face eithersmiley - erm It's always been on the phone...

But the lad I've been seeing for the last couple of months hasn't dumped me and I haven't dumped him, but were not seeing eachother anymoresmiley - ermsmiley - weird He can't be bothered to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore and I'm not wastin my time on him...smiley - erm I thinksmiley - erm

smiley - ermsmiley - laughsmiley - ermsmiley - crysmiley - ermsmiley - run

Post 15

Kat - From H2G2

Awwwwww!!! That sucks! complicated life people lead! and you get all these single people who want someone and they never remember how difficult it is!

Post 16

TBC

I've been dumped twice by e-mail, and both times were at the start of the holidays so the girl wouldn't have to see me for ages!
Unfortunatly for one of them we both ended up going on a group trip to Thorpe Park the next day and she embarassed herself by spending half of it running around trying to find me thinking she'd lost me... she hasn't spoken to me since!

~Skenvoy

Post 17

Kat - From H2G2

*smiles*

Romantic life you lead Sken

Post 18

TBC

smiley - laugh not really... in retrospect i have no idea why i started either relationship... and neither was serious.

~Skenvoy

Post 19

Kat - From H2G2

And HOW old are you Sken? 17? Big boy! Actually...how long is a SREIOUS relationship at our age?

Post 20

TBC

lol I'm not even 17 yet, give me a month!
Some of my mates have been going out for almot a year now... that'd count as serious

~Skenvoy

Key: Complain about this post