A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10101

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

"Fans" going mental going Sherlock spoilers. The canon was written a hundred or so years ago. If you read it, you know how it goes. They're modernising it. That's fine. Stop whining over spoilers; if Mark Gatiss (writes for said show with Steven Moffat) tweets something like "Amused by notion of spoilers for story written in 1893!", this is NOT "cruel" or "disrepectful", or spolery. It's Mr Gatiss quite amused by this notion, which makes me happy. This "fan" makes Raks look sane...

Petty Hates

Post 10102

Isa Newlands

Ta for the replies on the old bog roll (t)issue. Much appreciatedsmiley - biggrin

Airscotia - fitba, eh? I was a fan till my mid twenties - 'til I unexpectedly 'grew out of it' smiley - tongueoutsmiley - run

(Waiting for the massive & inevitable backlash from this, though in my defense, I'm just an old birdsmiley - biggrinsmiley - ok)

Oh dear, I'm dead, aren't I - the words 'devil's advocate' mean nothing where this subject is concernedsmiley - sadface

I'll get ma coat

Isa

Petty Hates

Post 10103

airscotia-back by popular demand

I don't talk about Fitba, even in the fitba season, so we can play smiley - devil together smiley - laugh

PH. Sports 'seasons' that have grown to cover 11 months and 3 weeks of the year, and during the 1 week closed season, having to listen to people moan about missing said sport. smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 10104

Pink Paisley

Ahem.

As a football AND cricket fan, I will be quite happy to talk cricket from October through to March as England tout India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 10105

airscotia-back by popular demand

If they tour Pakistan it would make good tv!! smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 10106

winternights

Watching cricketsmiley - sadface is like smiley - wahwatching paint drysmiley - erm.

Petty Hates

Post 10107

Robyn Hoode - Navigator. Now with added Studnet status!

PP, we'll be watching on sky... That's Gasheads for you. They charge too damn much for the performance you get smiley - winkeye

PHotD? my boyfriend NEVER opens the curtains in the morning, I love the morning sunshine.

Petty Hates

Post 10108

Pastey

Petty Hate: When you're cutting your toe nails and a bit goes flying off and lands in the cup of tea you were really enjoying. I hate that.

smiley - rose

Petty Hates

Post 10109

KB

Ok, this is a real petty hate. When double-ply toilet roll isn't properly perforated and you end up with two sheets that don't match.

Petty Hates

Post 10110

Cheerful Dragon

That's not a perforation problem. It's the two 'plies' not being adequately bonded. One has become unwound further than the other. Unwind the layer that doesn't match up (should be easy to figure out which it is) and the perforations should match again.

Petty Hates

Post 10111

KB

No, it's a perforation problem. More specifically it's a problem that comes when flat paper is wound around an axis - and the more the diameter grows the worse the problem becomes.

Pi is probably involved. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 10112

Pastey

Mmmm, Pi smiley - drool

smiley - rose

Petty Hates

Post 10113

Robyn Hoode - Navigator. Now with added Studnet status!

That's what you get for buying cheap bog roll smiley - winkeye I do find that what's often happened is that a ply has become seperated and you're in effect unwinding the bottom layer from one sheet and the top layer from the next sheet. Unwinding one layer usually does solve it.

Or buy better loo roll smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 10114

KB

I buy perfectly good bog roll, but I also, on occasion, use public toilets. smiley - tongueoutsmiley - laugh

...and choosing which toilet to use by the brand of toilet paper they use would just be weird.

Petty Hates

Post 10115

Malabarista - now with added pony

PH: the office toilet paper. They have a normal-sized holder, but it's always empty and there's one of those industrial-sized rolls balanced on the edge of the sink instead, so one side is always damp smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 10116

KB

smiley - yuk Pre-dampened toilet paper is a legitimate objection, I have to say.

Petty Hates

Post 10117

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Blokes who do a wee, then dry their hands without first washing them.

Logically their hands must've been wet for them to feel a need to dry them, but if they didn't wash their hands after weeing there's only one reason why their hands would be wet.

smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 10118

KB

American recipes - more specifically, their obsession with brand names. smiley - weird

Petty Hates

Post 10119

winternights

American recipes, smiley - erm, I like cooking and enjoy a good well presented cookery show but for all those that I have seen todaysmiley - erm, not an American one yet.
Alligator fritters have not taken off here yet. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 10120

Deb

I watched a programme last night (If Walls Could Talk) in which they said women hundreds of years ago used wee to get stains out of their washing. Apparently it's really effective.

Not gonna try it though smiley - yuk

Deb smiley - cheerup

Key: Complain about this post