A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4601

Malabarista - now with added pony

So does the word "Nazi" in an inappropriate context smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4602

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

If the word Nazi must be used, I find it less anoying if it's joined to 'Zombie' and is in context to a bad B movie smiley - biggrin

Todays petty hate is paperwork. That is all.

Petty Hates

Post 4603

eloisa

So, my colleague is dealing with a customers problem while I do some important computer work. *cough* He's had to go down stairs and now the customer is ranting at me! Seriously, stop taking it out on me, it's not my fault.

Petty Hates

Post 4604

Are you sure, Eloisa?? Have you double checked you didn't personally cause the problem just to spite them? smiley - tongueincheek

Petty Hates

Post 4605

eloisa

I may have done. That does sound like the sort of thing I'd do.

Petty Hates

Post 4606

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

OK, wasn’t wise to word it like that, but I bloody hate bad grammar.

Petty Hates

Post 4607

KB

You've missed a pronoun there after "Ok". smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4608

Malabarista - now with added pony

Yes, but if you hate bad grammar and say you are a "grammar Nazi", then that is saying you condone fascism smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4609

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Only in reference to grammar.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4610

Cheerful Dragon

Today's petty hate: websites where the 'back' function doesn't work. I've encountered a number of sites where 'back' doesn't take you to the previous page or site visited. You stay on the same page, possibly with a 'refresh' but it's hard to tell.

If people can't implement basic functionality, they shouldn't be doing websites.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 4611

Cheerful Dragon

Almost forgot. The only way to go 'back' on such sites is to pick a previous page from the drop-down list next to the 'back' button.

Petty Hates

Post 4612

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

I believe that it's half-arsed attempt by some websites to 'keep' you on their site longer smiley - rolleyes As if anyone would say.. "oh the back button aint working- i'll just stay on this site and perhaps buy something from them"smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 4613

Sho - employed again!

I'm going to start mailing them to day it doesn't work.
Of course, if I'd remember to open the link in a new window it would help.

That's my petty hate: my brain is next to useless!

Petty Hates

Post 4614

DaveBlackeye

Indian takeaways. Am frankly sick to death of these as most of the standard Vindaloo/Madras/Balti all seem to all taste exactly the same (to me), with the only the texture and heat changing. So last night, I thought I'd try something different - chicken tikka massala. The main ingredient in the sauce appeared to be sugar. It was like chicken in custard smiley - yuksmiley - illsmiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4615

Yael Smith

Lynx adverts. They're sexist and vile and stupid. I could do much better!

Petty Hates

Post 4616

eloisa

Lynx itself. Seriously, this stuff is supposed to be sexy? To who??

Petty Hates

Post 4617

pedro

To whom, surely? smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 4618

eloisa

I gave it a lot of thought and decided it was a lot worse to use 'whom' where it wasn't needed than to not use it where it was. If you see what I mean!

Petty Hates

Post 4619

Ah, now, you have to admit whomsoever markets Lynx is a genius. After the 'Spray more get more' (I read it as 'spray more, buy more') campaign, they come up with 'buy two get one! (I read it as 'buy two, only get one)...

I cant stand the stuff but I have a grudging respect for anyone so blatant. The fact they are successful says a lot about people who they are selling to.

Petty Hates

Post 4620

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Petty hates? Lynx refusing to give me my money back when I point out that a) Lynx does *not* make me irresistable, and
b) If I roll a can down the aisle on the bus, it doesn't scare the hell out everyone.

Key: Complain about this post