A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 341

Svlad Cjelli

Hmm, well-constructed... I dunno. They're all pretty much the same aren't they, with water, cliffs and an occational German camping-wagon?

Post 342

Wild Stallion

By whatever means be'hooved' me at the time.

Have a good one. smiley - winkeye

Post 343

Svlad Cjelli

From Vestkanttorget, Majorstua, Oslo, Norway, Europe here, but have lived in Madrid, London and Dublin, in addition to quite a few places in Norway. And even more places in Oslo.
Yesterday we were celebrating big because it was the National holiday. Some 200 years ago we got rid of the Danes you see, and quite a few people think that is a good reason to be walking around the streets, carrying flags and getting immensly drunk, allthough the Danish rule was followed by almost 100 years of Swedish rule instead.

Now, yet another 100 years further down the road, I wonder if we weren't better of with Danish or Swedish rule, than with the inbread, nationalistic, patriotistic society that Norway has become. But that is something completely different and, in many ways, therefor the same.

Svlad...

Post 344

Babel17

*NOTE* This particular article has been cancelled.
There is another article based on the previous research carried out here. This article can be found at:

http://www.h2g2.com/A304066

You can post your whereabouts in this forum here:

http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=52158&forum=37993

Please, Please, do not add any further data here, it may well get missed. Thank You.
B-17

Post 345

88425 (...older, and yet LESS wiser...???)

Ditto

Post 346

88425 (...older, and yet LESS wiser...???)

Dundee, Scotland

Post 347

Hedgehog

I'm originally fron San Francisco, California, but now I live in Southern Oregon (they like for us to cap the Southern. Makes us feel more important). I reccomend to travelers that they completely sidestep all of Oregon.
Glad to know there are lots of Americans. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one around here that knows England exists. In all my searching, I've not found even one person in the US who has heard of Rik Mayall.

Post 348

Babel17

Look Guys, please read the post 3 up.
Do not post here. This thread is dead.!

Post 349

U128068

If this thread is as dead as you say then you might want to do something about the incorrect link on this page - http://www.h2g2.com/A304066
Dead links are all over the H2G2 site and make navigating a nightmare. If there were some instructions on the homepage about dealing with dead links and who to inform then we could all do our bit in sorting them out.

Dr Goof Lithium

Post 350

jamin.r

I'll be your friend, basselope - I can probably exploit your obvious mental disabilities for my personal financial gain! Thankfully I don't have such problems mysel... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

HELLO...yes?

Post 351

jamin.r

I've got half a mind too!

Post 352

jamin.r

I'm actually from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese, and not from Guilford as I usually claim. Only jokinsmiley - smiley>!

No, I'm from the Badlands of Chaddesden, in Derby (pronounced "Darby, yanks"). If you've ever been there, you'll know what I'm on about - the place is a complete shithole. Incedently, anyone who has been there, could you mail me at [email protected] , in fact, sod it, anyone who wants to talk about LTUAE (Life, The Universe And Everything) can mail me, but particularly visitors to Chadd, where I honestly (this really is true) don't need an alarm clock - I'm woken every morning at 7:30 sharp by the police car sirens! Still, at least I'm not American smiley - winkeye

Post 353

Babel17

Nothing wrong with the link. if you read the article properly it says:
'A long time ago ..... here is the link to THAT thread.' (Historical)
'If you want to tell us where you are from fost in the thread at the bottom of THIS article' (Active).
Slight difference!

Post 354

Zorglub

Norway, the western fjords

Post 355

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Do you have eastern fjords as well?

Post 356

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

I am from Huddersfield UK!

I have jsut written an entry for my hometown so why not check it out!

DON'T POST HERE ANY MORE!

Post 357

Mike A (snowblind)

Post here instead:
http://www.h2g2.com/A304066

Post 358

Reni

Hello,
after looking up "disclose" in a dictionary (and thereby admitting that I´m not a native english speaker) I am ready to disclose that I live in Germany. I wish it was something more exotic, but Germany it is.
Reni

Post 359

martian

mars originally, but currently residing in bremen, germany...

Post 360

U128068

Sorry, I must have just made the same mistake as loads of other people. Looks like none of us pay much attention to what we are reading and just see what we expect to be there.

Key: Complain about this post