A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 301

debhart

Nope, I just joined up, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Not only North of Vancouver, but North of most culturally interesting places, unfortunately!

Who hoo another American

Post 302

PenGwen: Benevolent Tyrant of Hebetude and Vivacity, Keeper of the Wonder Book of Useless Knowledge

Hmm, I am not sure where I am 'from' as I was an army brat, and moved around a lot. I live near Ft. Worth, Texas now. If I were FROM here I would say, "I'm not an American, I'm a Texan." smiley - winkeye

Post 303

Santragenius V

Born, bred & currently living in Copenhagen (well, greater Copenhagen), Denmark...

Post 304

cmot-knoxy

from alnwick northumberland england
lived here all life but travelled extensively round europe like iceland,poland and norway best .
good here if you like castles

Post 305

Borin Olnaim

Hey
I know I cheated a bit by skipping a couple of weeks, but am I the only contributor born and bred (or in my case dragged up) in Belfast? Although I now live in Chelmsford England.

Post 306

Courtesy38

Okay -

I live and work in Southern California.

Courtesy

Post 307

the ferryman

I'm in Bristol (England, rather than the 14 or so places called Bristol in the US), although I would rather be in Sydney (NSW), which is a really great place.

Post 308

Awix

The nearest large town to where I live is Blackpool, on the NW coast of England. Blackpool's PR people describe it as 'the Las Vegas of Europe'. Everyone else describes Blackpool as 'the Las Vegas of the Blackpool area' (and there's not 100% agreement on *that*...).

Post 309

Vinjones

I liev in Bushey Heath [OK, I should say Watford - but I'm not as proud of that! - our footie team is at the bottom of the division and Sarries aren't doing that well either! Oh well!]

Post 310

Vinjones

Sorry 'liev'????? I really should proof read these things before I send them.

NEW HOME FOR THIS THREAD

Post 311

Researcher 93445

I'm a big fan of spontaneous order, the ability of societies to organize themselves for their own good. In that spirit, and to get away from the dreadfully long download time of this thread, I am announcing the move of the "Where are our Researchers From?" discussion to http://www.h2g2.com/A259535 . There you can find the current summary of Researcher origins, and add your own information for addition to the chart. See you there!

Post 312

kgb

LOL deb. As an ex montrealer I can afford to laugh.
Whats the latest I heard, someone was fined for
having the word PUSH on a garbage basket lid.
Hang in there.

kgb in calgary

Post 313

bufast

I guess I upgrade the euro-trash numbers with one, currently researching in copenhagen, denmark

Post 314

Weatherwax

Currently residing in SparerOom, not far from WarDrobe.

Post 315

Jan^

Near Bath? Though if you smoke, it's probably nearer Ash ton-under-Lyme(scale)

Post 316

Chi-Gal

Add Chicago, Illinois to that list

Post 317

jbliqemp...

Hmm.. Caledonia, NY, USA. Around Rochester.

Post 318

Bald Bloke

This thread has been relocated at ffmikes place http://www.h2g2.com/A259535 .

Post 319

Omicron - Master of Hyperspace and Chanter of arcane superstring equations

Well, I seem to be the black sheep around here, since all of you guys are sitting there in Europe and America, and here I am in South Asia.
Anyway here it comes:
Place of birth: Bombay, India
Place of residence: Bombay, India
Place from where I'm typing thissmiley - sadfaceyou guessed it!) Bombay, India

Just got a bit curious, since "Avatar" is a word from any of 30 Indian languages.....

Don't think there are any other Indians out there, though.

Post 320

Anonymouse

And for those who have posted since the "New Home" post up there by ffmike, a quote from that page:

"I try to collect all the information from this thread, and I'll revisit the old thread if I like. You can increase your chances of actually being counted by posting to the end of the new thread, though."

http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=38581&forum=32821

http://www.h2g2.com/A259535

Key: Complain about this post