A Conversation for Ask h2g2

cancel

Post 6421

Baron Grim

Just keep the dust smiley - bunnys safe from the loess leapords.

cancel

Post 6422

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - zen
smiley - towel

cancel

Post 6423

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

You know, it was only the move away from the BBC that turned this into a "proper religion"...

Up until then any pilgrim could make the trek to Nighthoover's user page, but as all "dormant" accounts were stripped out in the change-over we only have faith and the memories of "those who were there" to say that (s)he ever existed.

And, in a way, that sucks. smiley - candle

cancel

Post 6424

Baron Grim

Nighthoover's user space was nuked from orbit before the move from the BBC.

cancel

Post 6425

loonycat - run out of fizz

Alas I never met the hoovery one. I will toast those tossed out during migration smiley - stiffdrink

cancel

Post 6426

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - xmastreesmiley - crackersmiley - nursmiley - runsmiley - crackersmiley - xmastree
smiley - candle Nichthooversmiley - candle
smiley - zen
Merry Christmas, wherever you are.
smiley - towel

cancel

Post 6427

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - erm
smiley - candleNighthooversmiley - candle
smiley - blush

cancel

Post 6428

loonycat - run out of fizz

I have nicht hoover, just a vacuum smiley - rofl

cancel

Post 6429

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

one day, one glorious day, for as it is written, the hoovery one must return and forfil the prophercies of the pre-BBC ancients smiley - zen and render the dust dustless smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6430

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - grovel

Yay, lo, for then cometh, as it must, the lust in the dust!

~jwf~

cancel

Post 6431

Baron Grim

Lust in the Dust. Fun flick. Lanie Kazan, Tab Hunter and Divine. 1985 One of the few films with Divine not made by John Waters.

cancel

Post 6432

Love song from Lust in the Dust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYiu3GqUfjc

smiley - laugh
~jwf~

cancel

Post 6433

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"Nighthoover's user space was nuked from orbit before the move from the BBC."

The user content was long gone, true, but now any trace, even of the link to this very thread, has been erased. smiley - elvis

cancel

Post 6434

Baron Grim

That was also gone before the move. Like I said, it was nuked from orbit with no links to either of the two posts nighthoover ever made.

cancel

Post 6435

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

We should campaign for the reinstatement of the hoovery ones personal space smiley - zensmiley - grovel Its religious persicution! smiley - zen lettuce spray for the reinstatement of the hoovery one smiley - zensmiley - grovel

cancel

Post 6436

Baron Grim

I'm quite curious to know what the person responsible for nuking said space from orbit was thinking when they did so. I mean, there are your typical abandoned accounts and then there is this, the holiest of hoovers. And it's not like they freed up any server space when they did it. It couldn't have even taken as much as one measly kilobyte. It was literally just a link to this conversation. I don't remember anything being posted on hir personal space other than that... maybe an Ace message. Does any one remember anything else? It was as if Nighthoover created hir account just to ask how to cancel it.

cancel

Post 6437

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

It was probably not really noticed - just part of an automated process. Cleaning up all the seemingly unimportant little things from the site's various nooks and crannies. Almost like... well, almost like hoovering.
smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6438

smiley - ok
Yay, verily it doth not follow like matter and anti-matter
that there needs be an equal balance of the hoover and
the anti-hoover.

Just as darkness is the absence of light and cold is the lack
of heat, the absence of hoovering is not to be measured in
the same terms as the act of hoovering.

smiley - zen
~jwf~

cancel

Post 6439

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Wisely spoken, brother. Truly, you are one of the wielders of the Sceptre of the Hoov. smiley - zensmiley - grovel

cancel

Post 6440

Baron Grim

The Sceptre of the Hoov... cylindrical and clear. Symbol of bagless technology. The antithesis of the Orb of Dyson with its wicked turning radius.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more