A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 1

Big Bad Werewolf

*These are located on levels 3 to 5 below ground. There are many "volunteer" workers here, and Ape supervisors who wander the aisles between the cubicles. No one knows exactly what the workers do.

On each of the 3 floors, immediately outside the lift, is a guard office where the Ape supervisors take their breaks. At any one time, there are likely to be 3 or 4 Apes in the office.*

Administrative Offices

Post 2

Big Bad Werewolf

*Actually, it's levels 2 to 5 below ground.*

Administrative Offices

Post 3

Toby Larone

*On the second floor below ground, a door marked "RECRUITMENT" opens and Toby comes out scowling. He walks over to a group of 5 apes who are all clad in black, studded leather.*

Another 2 died last night. Go and see if you can round up 2 replacement volunteers.

*The apes nod and leave.*

Administrative Offices

Post 4

Toby Larone

*Takes a memo from his in-box and reads it.*

smiley - steam What do they mean, no more U46995 's!!!! There's so many of them out there we can't help but bring some in on each round-up. Damn bureaucrats!

Administrative Offices

Post 5

The Semisweet Kid

*walks in*

It's getting worse, Toby. According to management they'll reach critical mass in less than 30 days. We're going to have to cull the poor little things - orders from the very top. KL and BBW have sent these down.

*hands Toby a Baseball Bat marked "Souvenir of Canada"*

Administrative Offices

Post 6

Toby Larone

Heh! I don't need that! I've got this!

*Pulls out a Scottish Oat Cake*

Administrative Offices

Post 7

The Semisweet Kid

Scottish Oat Cakes are pretty hard Toby, but I think I'll stay with my bat here.

It's made by the Newfoundland Persuader Company and it's the top model in their "Sweet Dreams" range smiley - winkeye

Administrative Offices

Post 8

Toby Larone

Ah, but you haven't seen THIS Scottish Oat Cake. It was forged in Aberdeen using coarsly milled Oatmeal from the Scottish Borders and thistle stalks from the highlands. Then it was put in the blast furnace and combined with some haggis and a bagpipe. Finally, once it had cured, it was hammered into the sporran shape you see here.

Quite deadly.

Administrative Offices

Post 9

The Semisweet Kid

Well Toby, I must admit that I didn't know they could do that with Haggis and Bagpipes, but this Bat of mine has international appeal and I think that gives it the edge.

See what I mean ?

*points to the rear of the Bat where the inscription "La grande batte rouge pour des conversions de bébé de phoque. Approuvé par le gouvernement du Québec." can be seen*

Administrative Offices

Post 10

Toby Larone

*squints at inscription*

...grande batte...okay, that means it's a cool bat...blah, blah, blah, conversion...okay, that means conversion...bebe...that means baby...phoque? phoque? phoque!...amazing the language you read on some of these inscriptions...then something about being approved by the Quebec government.

So, put it all together and you get a cool bat that's approved by the Quebec government and can be converted for baby's. Looks to me like that one has already been converted.

Nope, I'll stick to this Scottish Oat Cake. It's guaranteed to leave a tartan imprint on whatever it strikes.

Administrative Offices

Post 11

The Semisweet Kid

*Enters and scowls at the assembled weapons*

You two have it all wrong! You have to see to it that the moral of the volunteers is kept high. See to their comfort and beautify the surroundings, see?

*Holds up a multicolored cat-o-nine-tails with a comfortable, soft GripEze™ handle in a lovely pastel blue, and a whip with a GripEze handle in succulent red*

I've even put jingle bells on the end of the whip, for a cheery sound. Every lash across their backs will lighten their hearts! There will be wails of joy as they work for the One.

Administrative Offices

Post 12

Toby Larone

Oooooo. Are those GripEze handles? I've always wanted GripEze handles.

*Holds up his own cat-of-nine-tails*

These jewel-encrusted handles sure look nice and cost a pretty penny, but after a hard days work, my hand hurts like hell.

Administrative Offices

Post 13

Hersh Ritter

*Enters and slaps down some papers on Toby's desk.*

Thar yeh go, Toby. We had us an incident in the old upper floor. Yuh can read all about it here.

*pats the report.*

Administrative Offices

Post 14

Butch Cadbury

*Puts his pile of shredded paper on top of Hersh's report.*

Hey, Toby!

Administrative Offices

Post 15

Lindt Eastwood

*Puts his report on the pile. Crosses his legs and looks around wildly for the washroom.*

Toby, d'y'all have a bathroom around here? *Tugs at his knotted twine belt.* And some scissors?

Administrative Offices

Post 16

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*the salonista group come to a bend in the corridor. Facing them on the wall is a big sign saying

ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceLEVELS 2 TO 5

*next to the sign is an elevator with a call button, and beyond that a door leading to stairs*

Administrative Offices

Post 17

Afgncaap5

Elevators? I don't like the looks of these....

Administrative Offices

Post 18

Russ Stover

*The middle elevator door opens and Russ stomps out, looking at the ground and muttering*

...incompetent idiots...

*Russ bustles past the salonistas without taking note of them and disappears around a corner.*

Administrative Offices

Post 19

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*as soon as the doors opened Lil tries to become part of the wall, and is enormously relieved when the character continues down the hall*

Who's got a spidercambot? We can stick one in the elevator!

Administrative Offices

Post 20

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Arrives behind Lil*

Sorry, no spidercambots here.

Key: Complain about this post