A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 41

Afgncaap5

We could all just jump into the pocket of destiny, and have Sea carry us in....

Or we could go in, guns-a-blazin'....

Or we could just casually stroll until something happens to us.

I like the middle of those three options the best, personally, but I'm crazy, so my vote shouldn't count.


Administrative Offices

Post 42

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*is straining to hear something from the offices around the corner. All she can make out are some simian ooks and several loud humanoid male voices*


Administrative Offices

Post 43

Butch Cadbury

...so there we wuz, standin around the fireplace where we climbed up, when all of a sudden two huge robots attacked us. One fired away at us with guns in all of her, uh, its 6 hands. The other tried to suck us into some sort of whirling, chopping machine. Then one of em sprayed me from behind with instant dryin concrete, or somethin'. It was quite a fight, but we managed to get the best of em in the end. I sure hope we get bonuses out of this cuz we risked our lives and...


Administrative Offices

Post 44

Coniraya



Does that voice sound vaguely familiar to you?


Administrative Offices

Post 45

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


He's talking about Matina and Chloe!


Administrative Offices

Post 46

The Semisweet Kid

Erm, am I "Choco 2"? I never done get the hang of countin, and now I don't reckon I rightly know where I is. I though I'z goin' we're Butch is.


Administrative Offices

Post 47

Garius Lupus

Yup, you're choco 2. And I think it's fine if you end up where Butch is. smiley - biggrin


Administrative Offices

Post 48

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Somebody tell me again why we have to do this. smiley - sadface *considers unholstering her nanogun*


Administrative Offices

Post 49

Garius Lupus

*Turns to Lil*

Because it's there. smiley - biggrin








Oh, and because we would like to get back to our own time, without bringing any orchids with us. So we have to go to the Temple of the Guide to get rid of the orchids and this, apparently, is the only way to get there. After that, there's only the minor problem of finding a rift back. smiley - erm


Administrative Offices

Post 50

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Yeah, the minor problem.


Administrative Offices

Post 51

Afgncaap5

And I still wonder how hard it would be to rebuild the TRC....but I digress.

I was thinking those voices sounded a bit familiar as well, come to think of it....


Administrative Offices

Post 52

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Well, then. First we need to know how many people are in there and where they are. Then we need a plan to get as far in as we can before the fighting starts.

I like the fake-captive idea myself.

*looks round at the bots* Any of youse guys got a spidercambot?


Administrative Offices

Post 53

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security

*the bots all turn to the one with the purple moustache, who shrugs and looks down at the floor*

*another one of the botsshakes its head then opens a side panel in its torso, pulls out a spidercambot and holds it to its antenna for several seconds, while another bot closes the torso panel*

*it then puts the spicambot on the wall of the tunnel. The little bot immediately scurries to the aspidistra which stands ornamentally at the corridor entrance, goes into the leaves, and begins to observe*


*the bot who released the spidercambot now speaks. It has the number 375 under the CLI logo on its chest*

Two apes outside door. Door is open to office. Eight or nine men inside. One female. Plain metal desks and filing cabinets scattered around. Door on far side of room. Closed. Two female gobolds chained to typewriters.


Administrative Offices

Post 54

Miz F Farmer

*A nasal female voice with a serious cigarette rasp can suddenly be heard*

What are you doing? Is that a biscuit? Don't you see that poster at the front of the room, Fanny Farmer's List of Don'ts? Number 3? Don't ever eat at your desk! It's only 3 hours more till second break, and lunch was only 3 hours ago and here you are snarfing down biscuits! I'll take those.

*another faint voice* Yes Miz Farmer.

And you, Zelda, sit up straight when you type. I hope when I check your work I find nice even strikes of the keys.

*yet another faint voice* Yes Miz Farmer.

Honestly. I don't know how we will get anything done around here if you gobolds are going to be distracted every time a partly clothed man walks into the room.

*two faint voices together* Yes Miz Farmer.


Administrative Offices

Post 55

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

This sounds like fun!


Administrative Offices

Post 56

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I can't think of a weapon that will stand up to an office supervisor. smiley - erm


Administrative Offices

Post 57

Afgncaap5

Oh, come on. We can handle an office superviser.

I mean, does anyone else remember how we got through the offices of the OmegaMatic, where that supervillain named ISO-9000 ruled supreme?

Then again, there was so much paperwork in that office, it's amazing that ISO-9000 could stand up to fight us....


Administrative Offices

Post 58

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

There are two apes at the door. Let's think about that. Do you reckon there's an alarm button?


Administrative Offices

Post 59

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security


Alarm button .... on wall ... behind glass.


Administrative Offices

Post 60

Afgncaap5

Behind glass? Difficult to reach, then?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more