This is the Message Centre for wysiwyger

Is this...: The Match

Post 301

wysiwyger

Ali - you are right. Since looking up Legbreaks last week I have decided to devote my entire life to Sport. I line up the cats every morning to do pushups.

Post 302

Ali Dubya

Your cats do push-ups? Don't you mean 'puss-ups'?

I am now going to take myself outside and give myself a big slap.

Post 303

wysiwyger

What's really scary is that you could spend all your life reading, watching and playing just one sport. Even really obscure ones have thousands of books, websites, fixtures...... Still, I suppose it's better than devoting your life to Make-up, or making plant-hangers.. smiley - smiley

Post 304

wysiwyger

Legers - I am famous for knowing <0 about sport. Although recently I have been forced to learn things better not known...

Post 305

LegersV007

haha "puss-ups" hahasmiley - laugh
How come Wysi? Sport is good but isn't the meaning of life.smiley - smiley

Post 306

wysiwyger

Legers - you seem v clued up. What IS the meaning of life smiley - smiley

Post 307

Ali Dubya

Sport is at the very epicentre of the whole concept of the meaning of life.

Post 308

LegersV007

Wysi, that is something I have to consider in sleep
I'm gona do that right nowsmiley - biggrin
So I'll talk to you all later.smiley - ok

bye bye

Post 309

U208660

H.ll if your playing a sport,choose a sports thats not boring.Now take cricket this W G Grace-guy who apparently invented the game,jeeeeez what a boring guy he must of been and the other 21 guys he picked to play the first game of cricket with him.One question i would like to ask these so called sportsmen who play cricket if TV had been invented in the days of Grace-do you think he would have invented the game of cricket.No way!he would rather have watched Coundown.smiley - strawberries

Post 310

LegersV007

I agree. You know, sometimes one has to wonder how some sports get invented. For example does anyone has an idea how the playing cards got invented? I think it just some dude who was sitting drinking beer one day and wanted to spend all his money. Since he had too much money he physicly couldn't put it all in booze. So he decided to loose it in a game. Since there weren't any cochroaches to have a race with he picked up the napkins, drew numbers and figures, and just out of the blue picked which card can beat the other.

Post 311

The Magster

I enjoy water sports myself smiley - whistle

Post 312

The Magster

Can't beat a bit of water polo, swimming and skiing smiley - biggrin

Post 313

LegersV007

Did anyone ever happen to Sky dive. I always wanted to try it.

Ohh just remembered, is Hitchhicking a sport?

Post 314

U208660

Y'know Legers-old chap you may have a point there.Also i would like to ask these sportsmen..who the h.ll invented Badminton and why did he name the think you hit a shuttlecock.Also was the said game originally invented for giants because of the height of the net.Another question i would like to ask if i may what the h.lls this game curling about..when a couple of guys sling a piece of rock down the ice and another couple of guys sweep the ice when the rocks sliding down it.who the thinks up these gamessmiley - strawberries

Post 315

LegersV007

Badminton is something one should question about. And what about WHITE tennise uniforms? Why couldn't they be red or yellow?

Post 316

U208660

Yes Legers-Old chap your right..but the working days over and all tho i like your company i must depart.who was that guy who said,"parting is so sweet sorrow"errr that was it Shakespeare hey!legers,do you think he was named after a sport.you and Magster take care now.smiley - strawberries

Post 317

LegersV007

take caresmiley - ok

Post 318

U208660

Ok Legers-Old chap,we have kicked the butt out English sport now what about the Yanks.What the h.ll is baseball all about heh,we call it rounders here and only young kids play it.I cant see the point of
myself throwin' a ball at a guy harmed with a round piece of 4x2 then he whacks it with the said wood and all the crowd start hollerin' h.ll its worse than cricket.then you guys say its the world series how the h.ll can it be that theres only the yanks play it..stupid or what!.then you have that American football,A mob of guys padded up and tryin' to knock the crap out of each other one guy takes a run he gets about 5 yards then everyone jumps on him jeeez a people pay to watch that jeeez its worse than watchin' golf.Anyway will see you and Mags-later old chap.smiley - strawberriessmiley - tomato

Post 319

V Max - IT Numpty, 1st Class.

Legers,

Remember - "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you..."

smiley - biggrin

Post 320

V Max - IT Numpty, 1st Class.

Doug,

FYI - The World Series was a series originally founded and sponsored by the now defunct newspaper "The World". Because it was so well known, they never changed the name when the newspaper folded. It has never claimed to be a series for the world. However, I believe some Canadian teams have been involved in the past.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for wysiwyger

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more