A Conversation for Random Quotes Guild-Lurking Where All Fine Quotes are Quoted

quotes of the moment

Post 1841

Lizzbett

"You twist and turn, like a ... twisty turny thing! I say you are a weedy pigeon and you can call me Susan if it isn't so!" Lord Melchett in Blackadder II

quotes of the moment

Post 1842

Lostit - Instigator of the Chaos for Thingite

"That," said Wednesday, driving off, "is the eternal folly of man. To be chasing after the sweet flesh, without realising that it is simply a pretty cover for the bones. Worm food. At night, you're rubbing yourself against worm food. No offense meant." Neil Gaiman, American Gods
After reading that I didn't sleep with my girl (at that time) for two nights, without thinking about it. smiley - nahnahsmiley - boingsmiley - blushsmiley - zensmiley - winkeye

quotes of the moment

Post 1843

"That is why it is called the American dream because you only see it in your sleep." The Guru

quotes of the moment

Post 1844

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Ahem. *clears dust*

All existing members wishing to quote, I think this is where we've been asked to quote.

So, to clear the dust and exercise the vocal chords.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to be living in manbot manputer's world?" - Fembot in Futurama

quotes of the moment

Post 1845

Lizzbett

"If it's wrong to eat animals, why are they all made of meat?" Jo Brand.

Quotes

Post 1846

Wolfie

"You have been weighed. You have been measured. And you have been found wanting."

"This Basil's wife. This, Basil. This - slap on head."

"Klytus, I'm bored. What plaything can you offer me today?"

Quotes

Post 1847

Uncle Ghengis

OK, here's a handful from sublime to rediculous...

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and aall the terible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility & unfairness of the universe." Marcus Cole - Babylon 5

"I will not want what many men desire, and rank me with the barbarous multitude" W.Shakespeare (from Coriolanus - I think)

"Eppur si muove" Galileo Galiliei
(tr: "But it does move" - referring to the eartha round the sun.)

"Mum! Dad! Don't touch it! It's evil!.... " Time Bandits.

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just becuase some moistened bint threw a sword at you!"
Constitutional Peasant in Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

"I'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky meddling kids and your stupid dog."

Share and enjoy!!!!

UG

Quotes

Post 1848

Ocean Soul (registered Linux user 390755)

"Remember child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and ocean souls nothing but a name" - Nightwish, Bless The Child

Quotes

Post 1849

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

"And nobody means it.
They're making up stories.
You gotta blame someone,
You can't blame the Tories!"

A, 'Took It Away'

Quotes

Post 1850

"You fsmiley - bleep son of a bsmiley - bleep. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this."
-George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, 1988
"You've heard Al Gore say he invented the internet.
Well, if he was so smart, why do all the addresses begin with "W"?"
"If you don't stand for anything, you don't standfor anything!"
"They said this issue wouldn't resignate with the People. They've been proved wrong, it does resignate."
"If I'm the president, we're going to have emergency-room care,
we're going to have gag orders."
... I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil..."
"We cannot let terriers* and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.''
Some Bushism.

Quotes

Post 1851

Dorian Gray

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Quotes

Post 1852

Crescent

With the above B5 quote thought I would put my fave one down smiley - smiley

'The avalanche has started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.'

- Ambassador Kosh, Vorlon Emissary to B5

Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Quotes

Post 1853

boredlaura

"Danger could be my middle name. But it's John." - Eddie Izzard

Quotes

Post 1854

GuitarNinja

"McDonalds is the place to rock. It is a restaurant where dey buy food to eat. It is a good place to listen to the music. People flock here to get down to the rock music."

"Rock on London. Rock on Chicago. Wheaties: the breakfast of champions."

-Wesley Willis in his song "Rock 'n' Roll McDonalds

Quotes

Post 1855

Actually, I think all addiction starts with soda. Every junkie did soda first. But no one counts that. Maybe they should. The soda connection is clear. Why isn't a presidential commission looking into this? Or at least some guys from the National Carbonation Council.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.

Chris Rock

Favorite Quote?

Post 1856

CaffienatedMonkey- (formally SupremeEarthworm) Dreaming of Sleep

"Jesus is the Jack Black back of religion. Put him in a scene he lights the place up!"- Dave Attel (Insomniac)

Favorite Quote?

Post 1857

John Luc

'Be good. And if you can't be good - don't get caught!'
-Marie Lance

Favourite Quote?

Post 1858

Brother Maynard

A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit.

- Francois Rabelais (1494-1553)

Favourite Quote?

Post 1859

John Luc

'Lord, you gave us feet to waddle,
A tux for tails and bods like bottles...
But 'scuse us if we find no levity,
Since you also gave us gravity.
But to adversity, we say nuts!
And when it's time to fly the coop,
We flap and beat to lift our butts...
...and we're left as walking nincompoops.
So Lord, I'd think you more than wise,
(and me much less a jerk)
If only once you might supply...
...some penguin wings that work.'

-Opus (Bloom County)

Favorite Quote?

Post 1860

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Can't rememeber who said this but it's very true an (unfortunately) unprintable:

"Nothing is as over-rated as a bad fsmiley - bleep or as under-rated as a good ssmiley - bleept"

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more