A Conversation for The h2g2 RPG Club

Apply here for membership!

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

I'd like to join since I'm trying to start this...smiley - silly

I've played Dungeons & Dragons many years ago, using pen and paper and books and dice - and it was hilarious, thanks to our smiley - weird game master!smiley - biggrin

After hearing so much about it I finally bought the PC game Baldur's Gate - and now I'm hooked! I've spent hours and hours just discovering the different maps (and trying to survive), and I'm currently playing Tales of the Sword Coast

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh - I almost forgot! I have also played the PDA game Aldon's Crossing - I can definitely recommend it!

Post 3

Coniraya

Sign me up!

No1 son started it all by playing pen & paper D&D, about 10 years ago, which was when I first heard about RPGs.

It's all his mate's fault that I started playing PC and PS games. He introduced No1 to Diablo, who then got me playing, both single and multiplayer (dear old Bnet smiley - winkeye)

Then Baldur's Gate came out and I haven't looked back since. The BG game for PS2 isn't bad either.

I'm currently mid way through Neverwinter Nights, but that has been out aside temporarily for Icewind Dale II.

Post 4

Lewisius

I'll join! Ive been playing dungeons and dragons on and off for years, and during the rest of the time ive been filling in with pc games. Ive played both baldurs gate games, and would have beat the first one if it wasnt for some stupid computer glitch. But by far one of the best rpg games ive played for pc is might and magic seriesif you do need a pretty fast comp to keep the game going worth anything.

Post 5

Angelfire Blackwolf

I wouldn't mind joining.. I've been doing roleplay for quite a while now, although I haven't played AD&D i have played Cyberpunk and a range of Whitewolf games. My Favorite one being Werewolf: the apocalypse.
I've also done liveaction Roleplaying at the local university and I also do Online Rps.. some of which have been running for 4 years now none-stop.

Post 6

TheTexasRattlesnake

What do you need to role play, do you do it online aswell?

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh my goodness - my conversations have been moving so fast that this one disappeared out of sight - I'm so sorry for not paying attention!

I've added antismurf567 and Angelfire Blackwolf to the member list - are you applying too, DarkLord?smiley - smiley

Post 8

Angelfire Blackwolf

I play online games... you just need a character to play and imagination to play the game smiley - smiley Online games are all over the place.. some I play on messageboards and others through e-mail darklord.. However be warned .. if you play by e-mail make sure you check your e-mail daily... mine can get full very fast with the one I play in.

Post 9

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Hey, can you sign me up? My RPG History is shown below:

Am involved in several H2G2 RPGs, and have written a fair few of my own! I am also a big fan of the Games Workshop tabletop wargames, of which Inquisitor has given me plenty of RPG experience...

If nothing blow up, it ain't a good game! smiley - biggrin

Post 10

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Whoops! Mistype! smiley - yikes Replace the last line with the following:
"If nothing blows up, it ain't a good game! smiley - biggrin"

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

Added!smiley - ok

Feel free to start new conversations off this entry if you want to discuss certain games!smiley - smiley

Post 12

Angelfire Blackwolf

Hmm.. the one problem I have with being on online RPGs is that I'm in way to many hehehehe.. I think my current count is about 10 of them.. I have a website with all my active characters on it as well as links to some online RP sites.. if anyone wants the addy just ask smiley - smiley

BTW anyone like star trek based games? One of my friends has one that's just started up and he needs more members to play (it's online and we're debating whether or not to continue using Yahoo groups or a messageboard)

Post 13

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

I could give it a try... Got an address?

Post 14

Angelfire Blackwolf

Yes it's
www.harrison65.plus.com/aqp/

Post 15

Nefor

Yea! Another RPG club for me to annoy. Er, I mean join. Yes join. That's the word I want.
Moving on, I've played D&D for years, played Mage twice, and Rifts once. I've played more PC and console RPGs than I feel like posting right now.
I don't think there's anything else to say right now.

Nefor - Child of Thunder

Post 16

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I wanna join. I've beat Chrono Trigger the hardest way, and I'm playing the old FFs, and I've beated the zork trilogy, and I like reading fantasy books, and I (attempt) to write my own RPG-like games.

I like the FFV Time Mage class. Here's a picture: http://nerd_42.tripod.com/time.gif

I'm starting an h2g2 RPG at A989698.
smiley - towelNerd42

Post 17

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ooops - sorry to have kept you waiting (especially Nefor) - but now I have added you two to the member list!smiley - smiley

Post 18

darakat - Now with pockets!

Hey, I whould like to Apply, question is how? I am not sure, you hevent exactly spelt out what I need to do (as far as I can tall on this anchint thing I am useing here at school), So I will do whatever you ask of me (as long as its not to hard) as soon as I get a reply and are at home...

Post 19

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi darakat!smiley - smiley Well, you just post here saying you want to become a member - so you've already done most of what is needed!smiley - smiley

Would you like to add a description of what games you like?

Post 20

darakat - Now with pockets!

Well I enjoy D&D, various d20's, I have played shadowrun and are currently in a ultrenatlive version of it, some others systems i have played (such as GURPS, or Hunter) but I havenot had a full exposure to these games. I enjoy most RPG's I play, althouh admit many have some serrious gameplay flow problems. I am more the dice, sheet and pen guy, rather than the drama or full-on role play with the hole bit sort of person.

Key: Complain about this post