This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Approximately 12 hours ago my husband told me that he no longer wants to be with me.

What will happen now? I have no idea. I am in Devon, at my sister in laws (who is lovely by the way) and I'm on my own away from my family.

I will be moving in with my sister on Tuesday so what will happen after that, I have no idea.

Happy Easter every one.

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

Oh bloody hell. smiley - cuddle

I wish there was something I could do.

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 3

Get over here and give me a bloody big hug

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - runsmiley - run

smiley - hug

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 5

I don't know what to do. I don't know what I can do. All I know is my life has been turned upside down. I have been with G for over 14 years.

What do I do now?

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

smiley - hug
don't make any huge decisions at the moment.

sorry, nothing constructive to add
smiley - hug

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 7

smiley - cuddlesmiley - hug

I think Lil has my number, if that helps. I'll certainly be sitting around doing nothing for the next day or so... It's just that you won't get through while I'm online.

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 8

Mum is away at the moment to a wedding. Typical eh! smiley - erm

Sho. Don't worry. I know people find this kind of thing difficult to handle, especially if they haven't been through it themselves.

All I know is that VC is great in letting me move in with her and her husband.

My sister in law has been great in letting me stay until I go home.

My parents in law are in shock, but I know they won't turn their back on me. I'm one of the family.

It's difficult to comprehend. Over 14 years is a long time to be with someone.

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 9

14 yeasr is indeed a long time. smiley - hug

Look, do you have email access at the moment?

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I have been through it. I was married 11 years and had three children under 7 when my marriage splintered. This will take some getting over, but I survived it and so will yousmiley - cuddle

I never had this kind of friends network in 1985. Take all the strength you need from us, vent anything you want, by email if necessary. Your sister is doing what sisters do. You don't have to feel grateful or undeserving, you would have done the same if the situation had been reversed.

Try not to think of the future as one mass of aloneness. One day at a time, small steps.

You're gorgeous. He's insane. Oh, God. I'll pray for you tonight, my darling girlsmiley - cuddle

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 11

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

I don't know what to say...I'll just offer one of these and hope the best for you!!!

smiley - cuddlesmiley - cry

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 12

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - hug

Vicki, I was thinking of you today...

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 13

Fizzymouse- no place like home

smiley - cuddle

You're not on your own - it just feels that way.smiley - blue

You'll come to see that it's his loss but it'll take you a while to get there - in the meantime just let the grief flow over you, smiley - dontpanic and remember who you are.smiley - towel

smiley - mouse

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm speechless. Can't imagine what happened and why. Maybe you don't know yourself, which will probably make things very difficult to understand.
Galaxy babe is right: you will survive. You have a loving family and a lot of friends. smiley - hug

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 15

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Oh dear smiley - wah

GB just told me to keep an eye on this journal - so please don't do anything drastic until she returns or I'll never forgive myself.

You belong to a huge enormous gigantically big family here who all care about you, even when they may not all know you personally.

This is a situation that calls for tears. Lots of tears. We will help you. I'm already having difficulty seeing my screen and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

smiley - wahsmiley - cheerupsmiley - hugsmiley - wahsmiley - wah

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 16

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

crivvens mate, a really big hug is on its way smiley - hug, just don't make any decisions yet, take your time and also your not on your own, you have a heap of people, smiley - smileysmiley - hug

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 17

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

and oh yeah before i forget the word "pig" springs to mind

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 18

BMT

I've just come in and this is the first thing I read. I'm absolutely stunned. Had to read it a few times before it sank in.
I've sent you an e-mail, goes without saying my thoughts are with you.
Take care and please stay in touch. smiley - hug

smiley - cat

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 19

BMT

Oops, the e-mail address I have for you doesn't seem to work anymore.
I'll pass details via Lil. Take care. smiley - hug

smiley - cat

Vicki Virago on her own

Post 20

I think there'll be rather a lot of us passing details via Lil...

Key: Complain about this post