A Conversation for

The Bridge

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Countless systems bleep away quietly as you enter, and the Captain is sat in his chair, reading over the latest status report. To his left is a chair for the Fleet Commissar, and the Officer of The Watch has a chair to the right.*


The Bridge

Post 2

Mystrunner

*Mystrunner strides into the bridge, takes a look around, and takes his seat.*


The Bridge

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Welcome aboard. I'm afraid we're behind schedule at the moment. Primary engines have suffered technical faults, most of the officers haven't arrived, and we're missing a large portion of our crew as the transport craft was caught in a Warp Eddie and sent weeks of course. I hope that this trend doesn't continue once we're underway.


The Bridge

Post 4

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Nerd42, instead of merely WALKING onto the Bridge, materializes, in a spectacular display of multi-dimensional pyro-technics.

He quotes, "I think this new ship was put together by monkeys!"

"It might take awhile down at Engineering, for me to figure out what's going on, but I'll do my best!"

smiley - towelNerd42


The Bridge

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Glad to see you've arrived. I've got your first orders. I need power to the engines, as much as you can give me. We'll need cruising speed until out of dock, but then I want to see what we can do. Can you do that for me?


The Bridge

Post 6

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

#A tall space marine with short, dark hair, scarred face and red power armour entres the bridge. An insignia on his arm indicates he's a Space marine Lt Cmdr attached to the blood angel chapter.#

[Gregg]Where am I posted?. I would like to know where the small(er) arms are kept,as that's where I'm most needed. Where is the brig here?


The Bridge

Post 7

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

"Yessir! I'll get on it right away!" says Nerd42, and disappears just as mysteriously.

The Bridge shure seems to be the place for mysterious figures and appearances these days don't it?

smiley - towelNerd42


The Bridge

Post 8

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Thankyou, Nerd42. As for you Gregg... I'm not entirely sure. This place is still a little messed up... I'm expecting a progress report on the Armoury at any time. In the meantime, you can busy yourself on the Gundecks or Torpedo Room.


The Bridge

Post 9

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

*walks onto the bridge*
Hello, I'm the new chief of cannons.


The Bridge

Post 10

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Excellent! Welcome aboard! I hope you can get the Gundecks in order. Gregg should help you there as well.


The Bridge

Post 11

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Yeah, sure!


The Bridge

Post 12

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Nibel looks over the latest progress report, Engines are at 85% capacity.*


The Bridge

Post 13

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

We should be up to full weapons capability sometime soon.


The Bridge

Post 14

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Good, the last thing I want is to be caught short when the firing sta-
*The ship rocks violently as weapons fire impacts into the craft. Fortunately, the shields hold.*
[Nibel] Time to put those weapons to work! Where did that come from!?
[Helm] Three targets, Infidel class Raiders, looks like Pirates, sir!
[Nibel] We'll show them! Engineering! I want full power to shields! Torpedo Room! Arm and load! Launch Bays, prime all Furies and Starhawks for launch! Gundecks, fire as they bear! Get down their, Ralph! We're testing the weapons sooner than we thought...


The Bridge

Post 15

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

sah!


The Bridge

Post 16

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] Get moving, Ralph! We need weapons fast!


The Bridge

Post 17

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

I can give you for'ard port right now, and starboard in a few minutes!


The Bridge

Post 18

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Nerd42 has seen the Engine Room, it's a mess. He mutters something about before having seen it, thinking it was haunted by pie or something. Through an intercom, he says, "I don't konw how long it'll take, but I've got all my engineers except two working on it. By the way," he adds with an extremely grave tone, as if we might have to find out sooner than he'd thought, "how many expendable crewmen does this ship have?"
smiley - towelNerd42


The Bridge

Post 19

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Nibel] All if needs be.. I won't lose this ship to pirates!
*There is a bright flash on the Port side, as one of the Pirate vessels is destroyed in a reactor overload.*
[Nibel] That's one! Now for the other two...


The Bridge

Post 20

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

You hear Nerd42 saying something in Engineering, having not let go of the intercom button:
"smiley - pirate Lets shiver their timbers! I want power for full weapons...."


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more