9 Conversations

The Vessel

The Bridge


The centre of operations for the Pathfinder. From here commands are given, and the vessel is operated. The Captain can usually be found here.

Engineering


The engineering section takes up almost 2/3rds of the ship's length, composing of massive engines, reactors and countless other power systems are held here. It is the most important, and often most dangerous, place to be.

The Torpedo Room


The Torpedo Room houses massive amounts of ordnance capable of destroying enemy vessels, and the firing mechanisms to use them. Fires in the Torpedo Room can be a serious threat, and must be dealt with quickly if they occur.

The Gundecks


The Gundecks comprise of countless weapon batteries, turrets and ordnance bays. It is this alone that makes them dangerous, for enemy fire may detonate the munitions, causing serious damage.

The Launch Bays


The Launch Bays house the ground support craft, interplanetary craft and interstellar attack ships. It also contains loading systems and repair facilities.

The Officer's Mess


The private dining area for the Officers of the Pathfinder. It can also be used as a rally point for repelling enemy boarding parties.

The Salvage Deck


Whenever a space battle occurs, there is bound to be salvage. The Salvage Deck is where the equipment is stored, to be either integrated into the ship, broken down for parts, or ejected back into space...


Back to Vigilence.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A994944

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more