A Conversation for David Moses OBE

Peer Review: A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 1

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Entry: David Moses OBE - A912016
Author: Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle - U204250

David Moses OBE for Prime Minister.


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 2

Whisky

Maybe you should try addressing some of the issues brought up in F108494?thread=234180


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 3

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Thanks for the kind words.


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 4

Trout Montague

Is this the chap that sometimes plays for Manchester United? Perhaps something about his job there?

Trout


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 5

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

No, you are thinking of Phillip Neville. He is very ugly.


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi there, Rev Gentle --

While I will admit that some of the comments (from either side of the fence) in the prior thread (F108494?thread=234180) might be seen as somewhat inflammatory, there *were* several legitimate points and suggestions made as to how this entry might be improved. For examples, see posts #25, 26, 27, 28 in that thread.

When those comments were made in the original Peer Review thread, you appeared to have ignored them, so I'm simply bringing them to your attention again. If you do want this entry to get into the Edited Guide, you really will need to make some attempt to address and/or respond to the well-intended suggestions and comments people provide.

So, when you've had a chance to look at those comments and address them, please post here and let us know.

On the other hand, should you decide you're not interested in pursuing this seriously, please let us know about that as well.

smiley - cheers
Mikey


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 7

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Many thanks for your kind words, I will look into it with muchel boothe haste and intereste.


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 8

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

*bump*

To echo others' comments the entry's quite short, and it could do with some clarifications both for the future and for non-brits.

Flipping through the Writing-Guidelines, I see that a lot of them are already met, but perhaps you could do a bit more research: what does emergency planning plan for? What did David Moses do to transform it?

spelugx


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 9

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

Thanks for your words of support!


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 10

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

So does that mean you'll be doing a bit of research? It'll be good entry, I'm sure, when that's done. Just post back here when you've updated it with more content. smiley - ok

spelugx - smiley - smiley


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 11

.

I agree it should be a bit longer, with some more information. Any history on this guy would be good, but details of his education/training/decisions to go into this field might not be available. smiley - sadface

I'd also like some more details on why he got an OBE - was it just because his team improved etc.? smiley - erm

Looking forward to another one with more content (as Spelugx already said). smiley - ok

Niwt smiley - cheers


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 12

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

No, he was awarded the OBE because of the excellent work he put in after a number of train crashes occurred and a gas explosion in the early 90s.

PEACE!


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 13

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

No, he was awarded the OBE because of the excellent work he put in after a number of train crashes occurred and a gas explosion in the early 90s.

PEACE!


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 14

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

In the article you mention the three train crashes, perhaps we could have a bit more on the gas explosion (and perhaps a bit more detail about the crashes, perhaps link each to a news story?).

spelugx -- <./>scout</.>q


A912016 - David Moses OBE

Post 15

Gordon, Ringer of Bells, Keeper of Postal Codes and Maps No One Can Re-fold Properly

Potters Bar: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2002/potters_bar_crash/default.stm

Hatfield: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2000/hatfield_crash/default.stm

Watford: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/465475.stm lists "8 August 1996: One person killed and 69 people were injured when a train collided with a stationary passenger train at Watford South Junction in Hertfordshire." --- I can't find a link to a story specifically, but then I haven't looked terribly hard.

The entry is about David Moses, not the train crashes, so I don't think it really needs more than a link or two for the crashes. And a sub could figure out how to incorporate these links into the article if they're needed.



smiley - teasmiley - towel


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

J

smiley - bubbly


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 18

Gordon, Ringer of Bells, Keeper of Postal Codes and Maps No One Can Re-fold Properly

Congratulations! smiley - bubblysmiley - cake

This entry has had a difficult time getting through PR, but now it's on its way to the front page!

Cheers! smiley - smiley

smiley - teasmiley - towel


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 19

Whisky

smiley - erm

This could be interesting...

I'd just like to say that given the previous Peer Review threads and how the author has dealt with requests in this thread I don't think this should have been picked.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 20

J

It wasn't without some debate Whisky.

smiley - blacksheep


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more