David Moses OBE

4 Conversations


David Moses, Head of the Safety, Emergency and Risk Management Unit of Hertfordshire County Council, was awarded an OBE1 in the New Year Honours List 2002 for services to emergency planning.



He described his award as both a great personal honour and a reflection of what Hertfordshire's emergency planners had achieved. He said:

"To say I'm delighted is an under-estimate."


David joined the county council in the mid-eighties as Chief Emergency Planning Officer. Since then he and his team transformed what was then a civil defence function into a modern, responsive emergency planning service that has been put to the test and proved its worth on many occasions. The county has seen three major rail crashes in the past six years - at Watford, Hatfield and Potters Bar and Hertfordshire has been commended for its prompt and effective response.



In the light of Hertfordshire's experience of dealing with three other major incidents including a gas explosion in the early nineties, the county council hosted a workshop for other authorities. This resulted in the establishment of the National Steering Committee on Warning and Informing the Public which David chaired from 1996 to 2001.
1Order of the British Empire

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A912016

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more