A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Pecos Jail

Post 161

Purr in Boots

smiley - cat
**Rather than wind up being left behind holding the bag (since there's actually no door to hold open at the Jail's entrance), Purr steps into the adobe building. There in one corner lies the Estonian Bloodstone Goose Egg mentioned by the other players. He moves to examine it more closely and notices the translucent green shell is suffused with deep red speckles, giving it the appearance of tiny drops of blood. He pulls the ring from his pocket (the one he found by happenstance while trying to climb out of the well) and sees it's made of the same precious stone and set in an ornate gold band.**

[Purr] Maiy, maiy! Thiss is indeed a trreassure! And what a ffine memento of ourr jourrney here...

**He smiles broadly and stands again, walks toward the wall with the h2g2 logo, reaches out hesitantly to touch it and...**

[Purr] Ai wonderr which rroute Ai wi--

(Continues at TI Cyberspace)
smiley - cat


Pecos Jail

Post 162

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - yikes
Hmm... Looks like all the action is moving to another set. Better find the right but--

(B4 fiddles with the TIH&G and winks out of the current audience scene and--)
smiley - wow

GoSub Contrary Garden
Return


Pecos Jail

Post 163

Seven Dwarves

*the dwarves decide to carefully plan this transition to prevent getting lost as they did last time*

*they pull out a map and carfully study the countour lines and realise that the contrary garden is quite a bit lower than the lake*

So now all we need to know is what the hippest place to appear would be*

... ... .


Pecos Jail

Post 164

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

*Looks wistfully at Billy riding off. Sighs. Turns to the Stranger and takes his hand, then touches the h2g2 logo and disappears.*

smiley - sheep <-- jumps up trying to touch the h2g2 logo. After several fruitless attempts, smiley - sheep pushes the egg until it is under the logo, then awkwardly climbs up on the egg and touches the logo with his nose.


Pecos Jail

Post 165

The Ugly (but rather big) Duckling

QUACK! QUACK! [translation: Don't leave me here alone!]

*runs around in little circles*


Or is he alone? I'm having difficulties remembering which of the characters that have left...smiley - erm


Pecos Jail

Post 166

The Ugly (but rather big) Duckling

Quack?

*grows desperate*

*remembers what the smiley - sheep did*

*also tries to climb up on the egg to reach the logo, but has problems getting a good grip, web-footed as he is*

*makes several futile attempts*

smiley - cry


Pecos Jail

Post 167

Billy the Kid

*hoofbeats are heard outside as a horse pulls up*

*A moment later Billy strides into the jail*

Time ter -- hey little feller! Ain't you supposed to be coolin your tail in a garden?
*picks up Ugly Duckling*

I don't care what anybody sez, you ain't no duck. I never seen a fledglin like you, nowheres. Now git along and have a good time!

*tosses Ugly Duckling directly at the logo, then stands to watch and make sure he gets through OK*


Pecos Jail

Post 168

The Ugly (but rather big) Duckling

*a very baffled duckling disappears with a *


Pecos Jail

Post 169

Billy the Kid

*as the Ugly Duckling vanishes, Billy nods and turns, going back to the entrance of the jail*

Like I was sayin, time ter let the sun start rollin agin. Me I'm downright tired of this sunset, what about you, girl? *rubs the mare's nose* Let the night come and give us a moon so's I can sleep. But not here.

*mounts up and looks up and down the road, then smiles mischievously and urges the mare on*

*the last rays of wine red light paint the clouds, then go purple and then dark*

*the only light left on the prairie is a glow through the bars of the jail windows*


Key: Complain about this post