Announcements

3 Conversations


Meets

  • The Official h2g2 Winter Party, London 2003

    Want to meet some of your friends of h2g2? If you are free on Saturday 25th January 2003 at around about 2pm, then why not pop along to the h2g2 Winter Party.

    The party will consist of an afternoon activity and an evening mingle. We are currently looking at potential afternoon activities, so if you have a suggestion please leave us a message. In the evening we will be roistering at a lovely pub near the h2g2 offices. There will be the traditional pub quiz and a few other treats!

    This party will be a ticketed event - each ticket will entitle the bearer to entrance to the evening event, food and a limited amount of drinks. While we have not yet calculated the final cost of the ticket it will not be more then £10 and probably less. Further information as it is available.

  • Central US Researchers Group

    The planning is in the early stages, and only a possible venue has been decided, in Chicago. If you live around the Central US area and would like to know more details, then check out this conversation on the Central US Researchers Group homepage.



The Flight Of Daedalus

Mystrunner would like to invite you to participate in a brand new quest that is set to begin on December 31st. If you are interested then take a look at the Flight Of Daedalus homepage, where all your
questions and queries will be answered. It all looks like jolly good fun, just what you need to clear away those winter blues.

Which time zone are you in?

Sometimes I have trouble figuring out when some of my h2g2 friends can be expected to be online, since I keep forgetting which time zones they are in, and how many hours before or behind my zone that is. I plan to make a table listing the timezones and researchers in each zone - but I need your help!


If you would like to help, then go to Which time zone are you in? and put your name down in one of the conversations.

Greebo and Oss' Word Game

If you enjoy word games, why not visit the Word
Game
page and stretch your mind and get the grey matter working.

'All you have to do is find a sentence that can be made out of the letters of a given word.'

  • G.A.M.E. = Greebo Annoys Many Entities
  • G.A.M.E. = Good Armies Meet Eternally
  • G.A.M.E. = Goulash Always Made Edible

The Wall

Write a message to the community on a brick and see it preserved for posterity on the h2g2 Wall.
'Messages need to be quite short, and there is NO advertising, but you can choose your own colour.'

Wireless h2g2? inject2g2

'Are you missing h2g2 On The Move? Do you want to be able to use h2g2 on a wireless mobile device, like your phone or palm pilot? Then try inject2g2. This is a work in progress, which allows basic h2g2 use with minimal bandwidth.'

The H2G2 Guild of Wizards

Are you an expert on something or have you an ability that could help others? If the answer is yes, then why not register with The H2G2 Guild of Wizards. If the answer is no, but you need to find someone who can help you with a problem, then the Guild of Wizards may be able to help.

H2G2 Living Earth Society

The h2g2 Living Earth Society hopes that you will visit and join in discussions about all sorts of natural earth phenomena.

'This is an area where people with an interest in the forces affecting our home planet can come to discuss news items of interest, share their experiences, seek advice and read interesting guide entries related to natural phenomena on our planet.'.

The Post is happy to welcome the h2g2 Living Earth Society to its pages; you can read their first report here

PUDDING

Why not take a look at the People United in Defence of Depression, Irritability and Natural Grumpiness. It's a new society on h2g2, who believe it is alright to feel whatever you want to feel, be it happy or sad, it might even tempt you into joining.
'PUDDING does NOT celebrate or promote sadness, we simply demand our right to express natural emotions'.

The H2G2 Sprint

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a virtual racer, well here's your chance, visit The H2G2 Sprint and take up the challenge.

'It's just a bit of fun to explore the possibilities of virtual racing around a virtual track.
The idea is to complete the H2G2 sprint track in the shortest time.
'



Special Sites at this time



Links

  • The new, improved Post Links Page
    points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

  • The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related... now revamped and divided into easy-to-follow categories, they are ever expanding and well worth a visit!


All entries for this feature should be mailed to [email protected]


19.12.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A901720

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more