The h2g2 Post 11.08.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 11th August 2014

Wacky, Weird, and Wonderful

Stranger Song by Cactuscafe. Cactuscafe made us that picture last August, but here it is again, reminding us that the road goes ever on. And that you meet all kinds of people on the way. Who have you met? Do you want to tell us about it? What have you learned from the kindness of strangers? We're waiting to find out. Freewayriding's got a story for you this week. Check it out.

Willem's still encountering the strange and wonderful in the plant and animal kingdoms. You'll want to examine this week's specimens. Speaking of specimens, the Prof's back with another Yorkshire quiz – we'll be fluent soon.

NASA's boldly going around Mercury, while Ben's boldly going into hitherto unfamiliar parts of his house (like the kitchen cabinets)> Follow some journeys – Bluebottle takes you around the Guide, and Awix takes you back to the cinema. We take you into the world of calendars as we answer the burning question: do h2g2ers really know what the date is? I blame 2legs, who will have to read this on a Swedish computer, no doubt. Behave over there, fellas, and learn to say 'I got the hang of Thursdays' in Scandinavian.

Lots to be explored and enjoyed in here. Take a look around, stop and chat, and remember to start working on your August Create contribution.

Enjoy your week, and be kind to strangers!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WEIRD AND WONDERFUL
  • Giant Plated Lizard by Willem
  • .

  • Cape Honeysuckle by Willem.


WORLDLY WISE

WAYWARD WAYS

  • Russia, 1918.
  • Ladies with hats.

WINSOME WILES

WIDELENS WATCH
  • Tolkien flyover.
  • A true gentleman.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87834234

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more