Close encounters of the romantic kind.
The Post Quiz: The Night They Met
This month's Challenge involves encounters. Meetings between strangers. Of course, once you've been introduced, you're not a stranger any longer. This week's quiz looks at musical encounters that led to romance.
We give you a line or two, you tell us the song title. Easy.
In what popular song did each of these romantic close encounters take place?
- 'She was selling china, and when she made those eyes,
I kept buying china until the crowd got wise…'
- 'I went to a dance just the other night,
I met a girl there, she was out of sight…'
- 'I viewed the morning with alarm,
The British Museum had lost its charm…
When suddenly I saw you there…'
- 'There once was a troop of Irish Dragoons,
Came marching down…'
- 'Wond'ring in the night what were the chances
We'd be sharing love before the night was through…'
- 'So I waited with high hopes and she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady and she said, "Aw, it's you."
Then we laughed for a moment and I said, "I never knew."…'
- 'I thought the sun rose in your eyes…'
- 'Well, she was just seventeen,
You know what I mean,
And the way she looked was way beyond compare…'
- 'I met you before the fall of Rome,
And I begged you to let me take you home…'
- 'Her eyes, they shone like the diamonds,
I thought her the queen of the land,
Her hair, it hung over her shoulder,
Tied up in a …'
Did you know them all? Click the picture below to find out.