The h2g2 Post 16.12.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th December 2013

Poetry in Motion

Shall we dance? Do you like to dance? Our Beatrice does. Do you enjoy watching it? Galaxy Babe says she finds that dance programme on the telly fascinating. What do you do to stimulate your creative impulses?

Some h2g2 Researchers, such as Minorvogonpoet, relish verse. Just for you folks, we've put this week's Headers in the form of poetic quotations. See if you recognise the poet.

h2g2 being what it is, just about all of us start getting creative sooner or later. This week's Post offers some suggestions in that direction. First, Rod shows us more about woodcarving. Pastey has recently ventured into publishing, and has tips for you. Finally, Zaphod is getting a team together to work on an AV project. Can you sing? Or compose? Or just help with the technical issues? Check out Project 42, and lend a hand!

We haven't forgotten about Christmas. We've got another carol for you, a quiz, and a warm fuzzy or two hidden in here.

Willem shares more wildlife, Awix shares more cinema, and benjaminpmoore brings his expertise to bear on the subject of economics. You will be entertained and enlightened this week.

While Willem's enjoying his spring walks (Editor envy, here), the rest of us are probably moving faster to keep warm. We know it's a busy pre-holiday week, but take time for a hot drink and a relaxing read.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

LIFE HAS LOVELINESS TO SELL
  • Gemsbok by Willem
  • .

  • Bushbaby.


THE WIDE, BRIGHT TEMPLE OF THE WORLD I FOUND

IN THE PULL OF THE WIND I STAND, LONELY

  • Beethoven.
  • Editing notes.

THE KINGS THEY CAME FROM OUT THE SOUTH


I WEAR A CROWN INVISIBLE AND CLEAR
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87811888

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more