A Conversation for The Community Artists

MMF reregistering.

Post 1

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Hi there.

MMF here, U236774

Please can you add me to the Community Artists please. I've not posted a large amount online, but what I have is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madfiddler/sets/

I'm also registered on Trello, but haven't got my head around it yet. May need a bit of advice there.

My e-mail address is [email protected].

A listing of all my attributed h2g2 photos is on my PS.

Look forward to returning. By the way, as a photographer with a disability I do have restrictions on some photography, but will do my best.

smiley - cheers

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Great that you come backsmiley - smiley

I have sent you an invitation to our Trello board. You find some help there and on the Arts Editors PS. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Don't worry, nobody will 'force' you to make any pictures you can't or don't want to make. The only thing we do is sometimes asking specific artists/photographers if they could do something if we think they would be the best person to do it.

Milla will certainly contact you soonish to make you promise to follow the Volunteer CoC.


MMF reregistering.

Post 3

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

That's fine Tav. I don't have a problem, and shall scout PR for future possible photographic additions. I have a limited portfolio but need to add to it. Amything in London should now be doable, as no events planned imminently.

Look forward to being back In the smiley - pony so to speak.

smiley - cheers

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

You don't have to scout PR, we get a list of all new Entries that are picked by the Scouts. You can find it on our Trello Page. From that time on every Artist/Photographer can pick this Entry to make a picture for it. If you want to scout PR and start work early you are free to do that of course. Sometimes we also ask writers to send us pictures themselves.


MMF reregistering.

Post 5

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Thanks Tav. As you know, I'm not the most mobile of people, so it is a little easier if I get a bit of a headstart, as I don't have the ability to race around to take photographs, and definitely cannot do prone. I'm also not too hot on still life, but I hope to do myself justice.

smiley - cheers

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 6

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - cheers

Something else you could probably do is having a look at the pictures other people in the group make and tell your opinion and give advice if you can. In fact each of our volunteers should do that but I never really managed to establish it.


MMF reregistering.

Post 7

h2g2 Arts Editors

Hi MMF, are you still interested in helping us?


MMF reregistering.

Post 8

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I am, and am slowly, very slowly, trying to fathom Photoshop and Lightroom.

Still don't understand Trello. Being a bit smiley - senior there, and haven't found anything that I can help with, photographically.

However I might be able to help on TC's entry, A87780243 - Wrapping up a parcel for the delivery service, regarding stringing a smiley - gift

If there's any way I can help, in my limited capacity, I'm only too pleased to help.

smiley - ok

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 9

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

That would be great!
We won't add a thread for it on our board until it has been picked from PR, but once this has happened you can upload any pictures you have to the Trello thread.

If you want I can also ask someone to help you with Trello. I'm afraid I'm not good in explaining it myself.


MMF reregistering.

Post 10

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

smiley - laugh

Took me long enough to work out GuideML.

Shall see what I can do. I could do a short AV thing, but no idea how to upload.

As mentioned elsewhere previously, not being overly mobile does restrict my options, but will do my best. I've a reasonable number of photographic credits to date, although many are for my own entries. But I guess that's cheating. smiley - rofl

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 11

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Trello is much easier than GuideML. It's basically a forum with movable threads, which are represented by these 'cards'. We sort them in columns depending on if there is a picture for it, if someone is working on it or nobody has done anything about it yet.

If you do AV stuff you can send it per email to artists at h2g2 dot com, I think that's the easiest way. I'll have to ask Pastey how we can put it on h2g2.

We really like people who illustrate their own Entries!

smiley - cheers


MMF reregistering.

Post 12

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I'll see what I can do. Only used the camcorder twice in 4 years. Don't really like them.
Will get up to speed of January...

smiley - ok

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


MMF reregistering.

Post 13

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - smiley great, thank you!


Key: Complain about this post