A Conversation for The h2g2 RPG Club

Apply here for membership!

Post 181

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

"Great men do not seek power, they have it thrust upon them." smiley - winkeye

smiley - boing


Apply here for membership!

Post 182

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

By the way, Titania is the one who updates the page; just so you know.

smiley - boing


Apply here for membership!

Post 183

Titania (gone for lunch)

The 'nice person'smiley - tongueout has now put in additional info about T.B. and added MadAthena to the list of members!


Apply here for membership!

Post 184

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

am I to take it from that that you're not a nice person? smiley - winkeye


smiley - cheers


Apply here for membership!

Post 185

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hey, watch it! *You* be nice or I'll remove the added info, so there!smiley - nahnah


Apply here for membership!

Post 186

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

hey, I am nice *points to his name* see?


smiley - cheers


Apply here for membership!

Post 187

GentleZacharias

Isn't AD&D up to version 3.5 now? I seem to remember that's what we've been playing in my little geek-conclave.
And will someone tell me the difference between D&D and d20? I keep seeing that all over the place and have yet to find out what d20 is.
-Rivaine
smiley - booksmiley - geek


Apply here for membership!

Post 188

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

d20 is the basic rules system behind DnD (really ADnD) 3 and 3.5 . It is an open system and so anyone can create games using it.


smiley - cheers


Apply here for membership!

Post 189

AK - fancy that!


D&D 3.5 is an update, mabye, to V3.0. They came out with new and slightly changed versions of the rulebooks, changing things as the see fit without enough new stuff(thankfully) for a whole new version.

And yes, d20 is jsut the system. using a twenty sided dice of course. (+d4,d6,d8,d10,and d12 dice, at least in D&D... I've seen others too, but not in d20 games.)


Apply here for membership!

Post 190

darakat - Now with pockets!

mmm d66's


Apply here for membership!

Post 191

AK - fancy that!

smiley - erm? really? I've seen d30 and I think d236 and d24, and maybe d50 but nothing else...

Though I have figured out how t make ANY die greater than 1 (a prism with curved edges for the figures, leaving that many sides... it can't land on a curved edge so it falls on a side)


Apply here for membership!

Post 192

TashaLeanne

And yet,"Even on the most exalted of thrones, we are still only sitting on our own bottoms"
smiley - run


Apply here for membership!

Post 193

AK - fancy that!

*looks at earlier post*
Not d236, d36!


Apply here for membership!

Post 194

KelvinHall

Avid long term roleplayer here who would be interested in joining this group. I am a newcomer to H2G2 but not to RPG's. I have been playing and GMing for a little over 15 years now, starting with D&D, AD&D, Boxed set Paranoia and the old Call of Cthulhu (Ist Edition).

(A)D&D swiftly gave way to CoC As our regular game but I did furrow back into fantasy games at school by running the Enemy Within Campaign for WFRP, and slipping in the Dragon Warriors game when ever we needed some light relief. Started playing and GMing Shadowrun at school as well.

In Uni I ran Enemy Within again and a homegrown RoleMaster campaign or two! More CoC and played in Vampire and Werewolf as they were released and ran some Mage games of my own. Got into a long running Shadowrun campaign that ran for about 4 years.

Since then I have played Cyberpunk, Masterbook, Deadlands, Brave New World, Chill, HKAT, Dream Park, Feng Shui. I ran a 2 year L5R Game based around Ryoko Owari and also a couple of other smaller campaigns in Rokugan. I have also run Exalted, and am currently doing a gothic horror, victorian steampunk D20 campaign of my own devising with my own little sourcebook.

Thanks a lot

Kelvin


Apply here for membership!

Post 195

Titania (gone for lunch)

Welcome to the h2g2 RPG club Kelvin! I've added you to the list of members!smiley - smiley


Apply here for membership!

Post 196

Titania (gone for lunch)

To quote today's front page:

'Digital Destiny
Over the next few weeks, we'll be looking at a number of computer and video games that have been recommended by the h2g2 Community. We start with a role-playing dungeon-based game by the name of Angband...' A2266850


Apply here for membership!

Post 197

LQ - Just plain old LQ

Hi,
I haven't played that many RPGs. In fact, the only real RPGs I've played (due to lack of opportunity mostly) are the later Final Fantasy games (7 onwards) - but I am an avid fan (especially of FFX).
I'm posting here for a couple of reasons...
1) Obviously I'd quite like to join (but you may deem I haven't done enough...)
2) If you look at my personal space, you'll find I'm working on the guide's coverage of the FF games, due to a worrying gap. I've got a "hub" entry giving an overview of the series, which requires a tad more polishing and then waiting for it to be scouted out, and I'm working on seperate pages for the specific games (even if I haven't got quite as far as I'd like yet). But I've never played any of the games before 7. So if there's anyone on here who would like to help by writing appropriate pages, that would be great. At the same time, even if you don't want that much work, just a bit of info about the earlier games to allow me to create an "evolution" description of the games would be great (stuff like the first game chocobos or moogles were in, when the ATB was introduced, etc.)

Oh and before anyone else mentions them, there are currently three EG entries about FF: a very basic overview to which my page is an update, a page about the original FF which could be left as it is, and an FFVII page that RFJS_ is working on an update for.


Apply here for membership!

Post 198

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~Obviously I'd quite like to join (but you may deem I haven't done enough...)~*~

Bah! Nonsense!

Mind you I'm not actually in charge of that, Titania is. No one's been rejected yet.

smiley - boing


Apply here for membership!

Post 199

Titania (gone for lunch)

Welcome to the h2g2 RPG club, Leonard!smiley - smiley

*leaves a smiley - book to keep this conversation from sliding too far down on her list so that she'll remember to update the list of members*


Apply here for membership!

Post 200

Titania (gone for lunch)

List of members has been updated now


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more