A Conversation for The Christmas Talking Point: Fantasy Christmas Stockings

Material possesions

Post 1

Fred Smith

I've noticed many people wish they could get things like peace, love and happiness for Christmas. All I really need is more material possessions. After all thats the true meaning of Christmas. I would ideally like everything. But I'll settle for a smiley - pirate ship filled with gold, a helicopter and a palace.

That's not too much to ask is it? smiley - bigeyes


Material possesions

Post 2

Abi

smiley - laugh


Material possesions

Post 3

Countess Marguerite

Personally I´d be quite pleased with the playmobile pirate ship, which I´ve been wanting for quite some time now.


Material possesions

Post 4

I'm not opinionated but I think ........

I'd like a good decent bloke. No hangups, no jealousy. He can have the odd annoying thing, 'cos he wouldn't be a bloke without them but I'd love someone to look after me, spoil me (not financially obviously 'cos I am a modern liberated female) and generally be the best friend I grew up thinking my man would be.


Material possesions

Post 5

LocomotivDynamo

If you want to meet a decent bloke I would still wish for a pirate ship filled with gold, a helicopter and a palace. A bloke may well quickly follow and if he doesn't you can always fly off to a pub and buy everyone a drink.


Material possesions

Post 6

Fred Smith

Yes, tell you what. When I get my pirate ship I'll try and kidnap a decent bloke for you. There's got to be one somewhere.


Material possesions

Post 7

I'm not opinionated but I think ........

I think you're missing the whole decent bloke principle here, whereby you don't have to have gold and pirate ships to capture him, but if my theory is wrong can I join you and the gold in the pub


Material possesions

Post 8

Countess Marguerite

May I join you all as well in the pub with the gold and hopefully a pirateship? I´ve always wanted to be a pirate.


Material possesions

Post 9

MaggyW

I got my bloke for Christmas last year. May you get one just as lovely (and loving and funny and with just the right amount of blokish irritating bits to make him human).

My favourite blokish bit is his lousy memory. Can come in very useful as in that I asked him if he'd like an xxxx for Christmas back in October. He said 'oooh yes!' and has completely forgotten what it was I suggested.

Oh, and is that a smiley - pirate ship I see on the horizon?


Material possesions

Post 10

Fred Smith

*Looks* Well, I've obviously been very good this year. smiley - bigeyes


Material possesions

Post 11

Myjo - Keeper of Decisions That Should Never be Made on Two Hours of Sleep

I want a pirate ship with Orlando Bloom on it. LOL Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!


Material possesions

Post 12

tiny

How many Mates do you have on this pirate ship?

Any Pieces of Eight going spare.........


Material possesions

Post 13

Countess Marguerite

Did anybody get a pirate ship? The closest I got was a maglite.


Material possesions

Post 14

Myjo - Keeper of Decisions That Should Never be Made on Two Hours of Sleep

No pirate ship. I got the bloke, though, and I got to meet Orlando Bloom. So I guess two out of three ain't bad. Maybe if I'm really good, I'll get a pirate ship for Christmas next year!

Argh!

Myjo


Material possesions

Post 15

Someone named Tim

With respects, no.

Gathering massive amounts of material is of course good, but gathering it all is bad, because then the economic system becomes nonproductive.

Better is for everyone to gather as much as they can and cause the system to produce more. This way you don't get it all, but you get more.

And that's what it's all about.


Material possesions

Post 16

dasilva


Well, this year, I have bin mostly receiving...books!


smiley - biggrin


Material possesions

Post 17

tiny

Useful to pass the time if one has nothing else to do


Material possesions

Post 18

Fred Smith

I didn't get a smiley - pirate ship. But I did get some good books. So I'm happy. Pity about the not getting everything of course. I like that idea Tim. Although I would happily compromise and just have 25% of everything.


Material possesions

Post 19

Countess Marguerite

Help! I can´t figure out how to work my maglite! I must be hopeless. I got four other presents, but they´re not as exciting. The maglite means Mr. White concidders me at techie status!


Material possesions

Post 20

dasilva

*sees Abi's name change and goes smiley - monster with envy*

Twist the end, it comes on...

...keep twisting the end and the beam focuses...

...further twisting of the end and it comes off *ahems*


And later on I'll tell you how to use the Maglite smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post