A Conversation for The Christmas Talking Point: Fantasy Christmas Stockings

fish

Post 1

Countess Marguerite

Now this might seem obsesive, but no one has discussed fish with me in about four months. I would love to know how other people feel about fish. I just ate one so my mind is rather full of them at the moment. I hated to do it, but it was unavoidable. Of course I appoligized to it first.


fish

Post 2

tiny

Perhaps they've had their chips!


fish

Post 3

I'm not opinionated but I think ........

I love fish. I don't eat them because of the no food with a face rule, although I stiil remember they taste good. Anyhoo, I have a huge tropical fish tank that is now inhabited by just one little fish. I think in his stocking he would like to find a friend so I will go out Christmas eve and find him a little fishy friend. Ps I do have kids and so have not transfered all my affection to a lonely swimmer called Bob.


fish

Post 4

Zhontac the -17+{9x8}-5-8=42

I think a Babel Fish would be a neat gift.
It would certainly make Spanish much easier for me.


fish

Post 5

I'm not opinionated but I think ........

Spanish is a beautiful and easy language to learn. I would reccomend it. Save the bable fish for martian or other languages they don't do courses in at your local college


fish

Post 6

Countess Marguerite

Spanish is just a lovely language to learn, but if fish spoke it I would be an altogether happier person because then I could talk to them. Lunch was fish again today, so I appoligized again for it being killed in the first place, then fourced it all down as in my belly is a much better place then the trash can for any self respecting fish.


fish

Post 7

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

The christmas gift I give to myself (tomorrow) are a nice pair of Betta splendens (siamese fish), but - as you may imagine - I never ever will eat them!


fish

Post 8

Countess Marguerite

For that I applaud you.


fish

Post 9

Barneys Bucksaws

Beta Splendens - Yes! The bluish ones with red fins. We used to have tanks, and my favorites were kribenses, aequindens, lace angels, discus, I could go on and on.


fish

Post 10

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

i have no idea what thay look like so i will just nod and smille and try to keep some dignity


fish

Post 11

Countess Marguerite

I will applaud and smile becuase I haven´t got a clue what you´re talking about, but if it has to do with fish it makes me happy.


fish

Post 12

Researcher 212573

ure so not like me i only used 2 have 2 small gold fish and they dient stay alive 4 long i hate fish ever since i flushed em down the bog


fish

Post 13

Barneys Bucksaws

Get ahold of a good book by one of the experts. The Innes is good - lots of colored plates. The Sterba has all the fresh water fish in the world. Axelrod is better for descriptions.


fish

Post 14

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

@ Barney's Bucksaws: Not only red and blue, there are many more... The ones I got are called Black Yellow Crown Tails - and are the most beautiful fish I ever had the honor to have...


fish

Post 15

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

i have only ever had angel fish......
no actualy i had a atfish once but my sister droped copper coins into the water and thay died.....


fish

Post 16

Barneys Bucksaws

I bet they're beautiful! I've been out of fish for a number of years, and new colours and hybrids have come along since then. I just mentioned red and blue, because that's what I had. I had a successful breed once, and that was something to watch - and look after! We did manage to save about half of the brood.


fish

Post 17

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

I just got mine on Sunday, and they started to breed already... It's wonderful to watch them and they are just beautiful... smiley - smiley


fish

Post 18

Countess Marguerite

I think I´m going to get some fish when I get home! I am so excited my head might burst open!


fish

Post 19

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

The brood started to move this morning... Tiny little fish (1/2 mm) running around in the nest their father built on the water surface... smiley - smiley


fish

Post 20

Barneys Bucksaws

Good luck with your brood! Labyrinth fish have to be the most interesting to watch.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more