A Conversation for The Field of Honour

Roman Coliseum

Post 1

The Knights of h2g2

*This is the roman colesium, back in its glory days. Complete with lions, spectators, gladiators, and men selling sausages in buns, you've got quite a setup.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 2

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

right... so I come in here and wait for somebody who wants to fight me?

*gets out a pack of plain playing cards.*

right


Roman Coliseum

Post 3

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

waits...


Actualy, I dont think a pack of playing cards will fully sufice.

*walks over to a grey battered 1982 Ford Escort that he drove into the collaseum. Opens boot and removes a 5 foot long thin stick inlaid with what looks like copper in delicate swirls. The stick is no good for hitting people, it would break.*

*closes boot*

*twirls staff and vanishes. Reapears simmiltaneuosely 5 feet to the left.*

Right... come who so ever dares


Roman Coliseum

Post 4

Mystrunner

*Clears throat.*

Actually, I don't know how you got a car in here, but...

*Suddenly the coliseum fills with spectators, cheering.*

Let the games begin!

*Mystrunner stands at one end of the coliseum, with wind picking up and moving the dust by his feet. The doors off on either side open up, releasing two lions.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 5

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

Aha, I have to fight these?

*puts playing cards in pocket and pulls out another pack. Every card is bright red with it's denominaiton printed in white.*

I think the exploding pack is appropriate.

*Throws one at the nearest lion*


Roman Coliseum

Post 6

Mystrunner

*The lion promply burst into flames, while the other one leaps at Mystrunner. Myst slides aside, and rushes Time Traveler, the lion in hot persuit.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 7

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*jumps to the side and rolls. The pack of cards flies out hands and arck high over towards the wall of the arena. The former wall of the arena.*

Damn! I havent got any more exploding cards!

*gets out normal pack again*


Roman Coliseum

Post 8

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*Throws a plain plying card at the lion running after Mystrunner. The card whirls through the air and leaves a thin cut on the beast's right eye. It stops in it's tracks, bellowing with rage, and turns from side to side as it watches both Mystrunenr and Time Traveler.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 9

Mystrunner

*The lion decides to sample some of the crowd that have suddenly lost the protection that the wall provided. Mystrunner watches the screaming crowd, shrugs, and draws his katanas.*

All right, let's get moving!

*Mystrunner crosses the interveining distance between them in a single leap, blade slashing down in an arc at Time Traveler.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 10

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*swish*

*the Time Stick whirls in a complete circle, the air around Time Traveller goes hazy and fluttery and he ocmpletely dissapears.*

*At exactly the same time he reapears behind Mystrunner's back (however having not changed time fast enough he sustained a small cut in the left arm)*


Roman Coliseum

Post 11

Mystrunner

*Mystrunner hits the ground, rolls forward, spins about, and goes on gaurd.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 12

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*flicks a card. It was a simple flick, only intended to sting, and it hit Mystrunner's cheek, leaving a red bruised mark*

That's just a taster


Roman Coliseum

Post 13

Mystrunner

*Mystrunner flicks his wrist, and two small darts slide into his grip. He circles Time Traveler, and throws, aiming at his kneck.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 14

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*makes a move with his right hand sending a cloud of playing cards around him. One of the darts sticks in a card and falls to the ground, the other lightly grazes TimeTraveller's raised hand*

Right, you're in for it now

*takes another pack of plain cards out pocket. thinks for a second then swirls the Time Staff three times. It dissapears, where? Who knows*


Roman Coliseum

Post 15

Mystrunner

*Mystrunner looks from side to side, arms wide with a katana in each...*


Roman Coliseum

Post 16

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

*takes card from pack and hold it in the j-hold*

*raises card above head like a cricket bowler and dolphin-throws the card. (The dolphin throw was one once used by Japanese hit men who cut the throats of their victims simply by throwing a normal card at them.) Too fast to dodge, the card will ither give Mystrunner a gash on the cheek, a broken nose, or will kill him. Ither way he reels back a little with the force of the card.*

Surprising what can be done

(PS, I cant do a dolphin throw in RL, but hey, h2g2 is fantasy!)


Roman Coliseum

Post 17

Mystrunner

*Mystrunner gestures, and the air in front of him solidifies, as the card slows to a halt in its gel-like embrace.*

Very good. I see you've studied the ways of the assassin...

*With a slash, Myst cuts the card out of the air, and aims a swipe at Time Traveler's midrif.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 18

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

Damn, magic.

*With a deft movement Time Traveler flicks a card out of his sleve. If one had had time to study it, iyt could be noted that the entire card was silver, with the denominaiton picked out in faint raised areas. There is a magnesium flash as the card hits the base of Mystrunner's sword, cutting off the blade which flys several feet behind Time Traveler before embeding itself in the ground.*

*Brings out another pack, all cards are green, denominaitons in white. Poison.*


Roman Coliseum

Post 19

Mystrunner

I should have told you. My katanas are my trademark, Heron-Mark, and power-wraught. They don't dull, and don't break. Sorry... And by the way, the whole card idea is pretty cool.


Roman Coliseum

Post 20

Time Traveller - Knights of h2g2 Astronomer - Chairman of the Society of Time Travellers

<<>>

*TimeTraveller falls on the ground in front of Mystrunner, at the same time his right foot comes up and connects sharpley with... well you can imagine it would hurt.*


<<>>


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more