h2g2 Post 07.03.02

1 Conversation


Posted: 7th March 2002

Editorial

I voted today.

What a pleasant surprise. Not a chad or official-looking piece of paper in sight, nor any annoying crayon-style pencil with which to mark an 'X'. The Dutch system is to provide a touchpad with all the parties listed along the top and the individual candidates numbered downwards from each party. So, you just select your favoured party and the lucky person who deserves your support and then push a nice, big red button to register your vote.

Simple, effective and instantaneous... and you can choose from quite a few hopefuls, so expressing your approval for a particular character rather than just the politics of the party. I wonder if the UK will ever adopt this scheme?

Poor Ormondroyd has been suffering from a nasty bout of flu this week, so begs to be excused from writing his column. Please get well soon Ormy, especially as you have a landmark birthday coming up next Monday!

I am continually impressed and delighted by all your offerings to The Post. The regulars, including the welcome return of Awix and sea, continue to provide excellent writing, the AGG/GAG team work hard to bring you the best of the rest and new (and not so new) contributors swell this edition out to 29 items in all. Enjoy!


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • As promised - the all new Alternative Writing Guidelines.


  • 24 Lies a Second

  • Awix gets bitten by a
    radioactive moth

    and has terrible trouble with his birthday cake


  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales
    of everyday h2g2ers.


  • Off to Crufts

  • In the first of a two-parter

    Greebo tells the history of Crufts.


  • Announcements

  • News of forthcoming Meets, petitions and sites of interest.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A687620

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more