A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 21

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

How very odd. He mentioned the cross to me as well. And his job as "treasure hunter" - a very odd concept to me. It does rather make me wonder why he is searching for treasure here... Your papa doesn't search for that kind of thing.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 22

soeasilyamused, or sea

*the cat climbs into lizzie's lap*

[cat] i haven't seen any sign of it, and i've been looking. i saw gillings snooping in someone's sea chest in the forecastle, though.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 23

Witty Moniker

And what about the smiley - ghost... remember he wrote something in Papa's log. I think it was about tea and jam. Maybe it was a clue.

We might look where the provisions are stored.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 24

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I've just gotten back from looking in the galley and I didn't find anything I fear. smiley - sigh Perhaps the cargo hold? Or should we work with the chests?


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 25

Witty Moniker

Maybe we should ask Mr. Goodschad. I know you trust him, Mother, and I'm pretty sure he can hear the smiley - ghost speak. Maybe he can help us find it.

I think it's pretty important that we work together since time is short.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 26

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I have to agree that working together is essential, Lizzie. And I agree that Mr Goodschad is someone that we can trust to help us. If he can truly communicate with the ghost, we might be able to find out what it meant by the cryptic comment in the log...

Is there anyone else that either of you think we can trust to help us? Your papa is too distracted just now, or I'd ask him. Perhaps Mr Volkert? Or Mr Martens? Possibly... Mr Richardson?


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 27

soeasilyamused, or sea

*the cat bristles as volkert's name is mentioned*

[cat] er, i don't trust volkert. martens seems trustworthy, but i am slightly suspicious as to why he wanted your pendant so badly, sarah. i haven't had any dealings with richardson, so i don't know about him.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 28

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*looks off into the distance momentarily* I think that we can trust him, although his association with Miss Rangel has me... concerned.

Lizzie, if you and Puss here would go gather Mr Goodschad, I shall approach Mr Martens and Mr Richardson. Then we can begin the search in earnest.

*stands up and straightens out her dress* Is there anything else we need to discuss?


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 29

soeasilyamused, or sea

[cat] not that i know of...

*the cat looks at lizzie*


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 30

Witty Moniker

Yes, there is.

*She looks Sarah in the eyes, dreading the pain that she will cause her.*

I have a secret that I can no longer keep from you. I only hope that you can understand that I, too, am a victim of this deception, as well as you and Papa. I only tell you now because I do not want you to hear this from anyone else but me.

*Lizzie takes a deep breath.*

I was born the daughter of the Elf King of Seelie Court. But I was born sickly in health and weak in magical powers. My family was so ashamed they cast me out. If that wasn't cruel enough to me, they chose to exchange me with a human child. They took your beloved Lizzie and I am the changeling.

You and Captain Briggs nursed me to health, but my magical powers are still pathetically weak. While I am very thankful and love you very much, I cannot abide what my elf father has done. I knew that your amulet was very powerful, and I hoped that I could use its power to cast a spell to return your Lizzie to you before you discovered the awful truth.

I am so sorry. smiley - cry I will do whatever you want to ensure the immediate safety of the crew and this ship. Hopefully we can survive to rescue your daughter.

*She folds her hands in her lap and waits for Sarah's response.*


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 31

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*her face goes into a mask and she sinks slowly back down onto the cot*

You... aren't... Lizzie? I knew that you were different, somehow. I had just thought that the illness... But that wasn't Lizzie's either, was it?

*closes her eyes and tries to come to grips with what she has just been told*

I can't believe that I allowed something like this to happen under my very nose...

*opens her eyes and looks directly at "lizzie"*

Can you assure me that my daughter is well? She musn't be harmed, or I shall be forced to do something dreadful. I love her so much... *her voice breaks and she drops her gaze to the cot* But it isn't your fault. You didn't ask for this to happen. *takes a deep breath and hugs the girl in front of her*

For now, I will continue to call you Lizzie. It would break Benjamin's heart to know that you were not his little girl. You have been so good to us, continuing your charade - it can't have been easy on you at all. Thank you. I will do whatever I can to help you when we find the Soulstone.

*sits up straight* None of that can be allowed to change our missions, however. We *must* find the Soulstone and we *must* save the ship - now more than ever if I am to get my little girl back.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 32

Witty Moniker

*'Lizzie' is profoundly relieved that Sarah does not hold her personally responsible for the situation.*

I can't assure you of anything about Lizzie. I have had no contact with anyone since I came here. But I can tell you that she replaced a princess of the royal court, and is probably treated accordingly.

Thank you for your compassion. I do not deserve your kindness.

*She wipes her tears away and climbs down from her bunk.*

We have work to do, smiley - cat. Let's go find Mr. Goodschad.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and Lizzie

Post 33

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Thank you.

*gives 'Lizzie' one more hug, then stands up to head out herself*

Be very careful, and keep Mr Goodschad with you. He is a good man, although there is something about him I just can't put my finger on...


Key: Complain about this post