A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and the Ship's Cook in the Galley

Post 1

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*pulls Mr Head aside*

There are two things I need to speak with you about. The first is that I'd like to have a full dinner for everybody on board tonight. Say around sunset. It will give us a chance to get to know our two new passengers in a comfortable setting.

Secondly, I would like you to make a trinket for Lizzie. I fear that I have nothing physical to base it off of, as the idea for it has only just come to me as I was making up a story for her. Let me draw it for you.

*finds a scrap of parchment and a charred stick and draws a beautiful sphere with gilding over it*

Its a many faceted bluish white stone entirely gilded. As I said, its just an idea I had telling her a story, but I think that it would make her very happy. She's been a bit sad lately, and I would like very much to surprise her with this.

If you could please also not tell anyone about this, I would appreciate it. It is a surprise and I don't want her to know anything about it. Thank you.


Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and the Ship's Cook in the Galley

Post 2

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

An exquisite drawing, Ma'am - you have the artist's touch and no mistake. And somehow a strangely familiar design, yet i can't quite place it. I shall have to scour the ship for materials, but I will come up with something.

What was the story you told young Miss Lizzie, Ma'am and how does the stone fit into it? If the stone is familiar to me, perhaps the tale will be too.

Well, that's the potatoes a-coming to the boil. I shall get on and fry these lovely sea bass, and dinner will be ready in no time Ma'am. What with the breeze a-getting up, I should think it best for us all to eat at the mess table .

Perhaps when you're next on deck you could ring the ship's bell for me Ma'am?




Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and the Ship's Cook in the Galley

Post 3

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Thank you, Mr Head. It was a story, similar to one that my mother once told me about a sad princess whose kingdom was enclosed in a piece very like that. Mother never really described the piece in much detail, but this is always how I imagined it.

I will be happy to ring the bell for you, when I return to the deck. Again, thank you, Mr Head.

*smiles and walks out*


Key: Complain about this post

Private Conversation between the Captain's Wife and the Ship's Cook in the Galley

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more