Announcements

0 Conversations


Meets

  • Saturday July 7 is almost here, so, for those of you who may have missed it, here are the arrangements for the Summer Meet.

    We are scheduled for guided tours of the BBC Experience at 2.30pm. If you have signed up to come on one of the tours, please meet Abi on the steps of All Souls, Langham Place between 2 and 2.15 pm. This lovely church is right next to Broadcasting House and the nearest tube station is Oxford Circus.
    Some Enchanted Evening

    From 6 pm onwards, we will be roistering at the Ship & Shovell, 1 - 3 Craven Passage, WC2. This delightful little pub can be found under Charing Cross station and is one of London's best kept secrets1. Curiously it is split into two halves. The h2g2 party is being held in the bigger half. There is another party in the other half so make sure you get the right one! There will be the traditional h2g2 pub quiz and lots of fun to be had. Why not come along?


  • Meet in Scotland.
    July 21st appears to be the date settled upon and debate is still ongoing as to the venue, although The Glasgow Science Centre seems the popular vote at the moment.

    Add your thoughts, ideas, observations and abuse In this forum

    Look... maybe the Towers might even be there!

  • If 'The Smoke' is not exactly the easiest place in the world for you to get to, why not consider the Flat Cap and Muffler Club Spring Outing... otherwise known as the Great Northern Meet. It is for anyone interested in beer or coffee and a few laughs... whippets and black puddings optional! The Meet will be held on the 4th August at the Trafford Centre, Manchester; there's bowling, drinking and all sorts of food available.

    Times, directions and place to be announced later.

    So far 23 h2g2ers have signed up for this meet including three itallics and are busy brushing up their thee's and tha's for the occasion.

    Sign up in This forum.


Abi is up to something!

More fun and games at Abi's Community Activities

The Virtual Wimbledon pages are in full swing and a call is put out for more contributors to Write about Wimbledon.

Other pages picked out for a mention by Abi this week include the h2g2 Scapegoat Service where you can find someone else to blame, the Procrastinators Society where you can do just that and the Footy Quiz is attracting quite a crowd of supporters.


Hermes Messenger Service


Do you want to send anyone on h2g2 a declaration of love, anonymous or otherwise, a birthday greeting or any other message? If so, why not visit the Hermes Messenger Service. All requests will be considered and forwarded to user pages within h2g2.

Baptism By Chocolate Milk


Visit the Musehome's Church of
Erato
and indulge in a new sensation! Go on... you know you want to!


Join Now!

Linus is pushing for a 'cheers' smiley to enhance the various drinking establishments scattered throughout h2g2. Why not drop over to the The campaign for a 'cheers' smiley page and register your interest!


The Search for Missing Researcher Tummyfish

The researcher, also known as Tummyfish has gone missing leaving his fish unfed and lots of Researchers who want to adopt a fish kept waiting. Read all about it Here


h2g2 South African Researchers

If you live in, or class yourself as a, South African, then go along to the h2g2 South African Researchers page and introduce yourself to the others!


Musicians Wanted!


The h2g2 Musicians Guild is the place to go if you are a musician or a music lover. A wonderful site to visit with the opportunity to join in on many and various collaborative efforts.


The Mark Moxon Appreciation Society


Why not drop along to The Official Mark Moxon Fanclub site and register your appreciation of this hard-working italic.

Birthdays


Ever wondered if you shared your birthday with someone famous? Want to know when a friend on h2g2 celebrates their birthday, so you can arrange a surprise virtual party or just send them greetings through the h2g2 messenger service? (see below!)

Look no further! Some Bloke has a great series of pages which give you the information you seek! Just visit the All New Researchers' Birthday Page.



05.07.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

All entries for this feature should be mailed to shazzPRME. Please mark the subject 'Announcements'.

1Well it was anyway!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A587982

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more