A Conversation for Utopia Cafebar

The Next Step...

Post 21

HappyDude

Right then, Jenny has mentioned that we are working on an external version of the cafebar, his is an evolved version of the support page we were talking about before the site went on holiday. As it stands, at the moment Jenny is in control of editorial content & I am the technical guru with pillow also lending a helping hand. When it goes live were probably going to need volunteers to help out but what we need from the regulars now are links to sites of interest to patrons of this establishment (as the BBC have kindly removed them all) plush some short essays on subject that again would be of interest to the patrons of this establishment. If you could e-mail anything you got to Jenny, or me. You can find my e-mail address near the bottom of my h2g2 personal space.


The Next Step...

Post 22

HappyDude

must proof read smiley - erm
last post should have read;
Right then, Jenny has mentioned that we are working on an external version of the cafebar, its is an evolved version of the support page that we were talking about before h2g2 went on holiday. As it stands, Jenny is in control of editorial content & I am the technical guru with Pillow also lending a helping hand. When it goes live were probably going to need volunteers to help out but what we need from the regulars now are links to sites of interest to patrons of this establishment (as the BBC have kindly removed them all) plus some short essays on subject that again would be of interest to the patrons of this establishment. If you could e-mail anything you got to Jenny, or me. You can find my e-mail address near the bottom of my h2g2 personal space.


The Next Step...

Post 23

Peregrin

Yay! We're back!

*climbs up tree and bungees down, several times in succession, to make up for lost time*

*eats smiley - cake*

*smiley - hugs everyone*

*calms down a bit*


Hi every body

Post 24

JK the unwise

What a lovely surprize
Im stoned off my trolly
and I find H2G2 has come back
(though with crapy rules)
Viva la revolution.
smiley - fairy


And....

Post 25

JK the unwise

Give me some cake!
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake
smiley - cake


And....

Post 26

Uncle Heavy [sic]

I really dig those random psots you get which add at the end

'and, guess what! I'm absolututly wan kered'

This external site...more of a forum or a random set of essays?


And....

Post 27

Peregrin

we're allowed to put external links in guide entries, so how about an entry which is a list of links?


And....

Post 28

HappyDude

bit of both plus a useful set of link to sites that might intrest patrons of this establishment - gis-us an e-mail and I'll give you the full low-down on it smiley - winkeye


And....

Post 29

JK the unwise

Im not stoned any more
but Im still happy to see
H2G2 back even if they
have taken away my discordian
pictures.
Im trying to remember how the
utopia cafe bar used to work.
smiley - fairy


And....

Post 30

HappyDude

wouldn't work Peregrin, they still have to be in context.


And....

Post 31

HappyDude

JK the cafe is a palce to talk about deep meaningful stuff while playing in trees and eating chocolate cake...smiley - erm


so...

Post 32

JK the unwise

I know I was here before the
take over u know.
DO you think that we will start to
split off in to lots of little
conversations again?
smiley - fairy
(ohh and i think I am still alittle bit stoned
can I have an imaginary spliff so I can
be i-stoned + some bloody cake
WOW)


so...

Post 33

Uncle Heavy [sic]

[Email address removed by moderator]

I dont know how much i will contribute, but ill have a go, anyway.

JK, you'll lose your mind.


Removed

Post 34

JK the unwise

This post has been removed.


ssoss

Post 35

JK the unwise

no disraspect


ssoss

Post 36

purplejenny

cake for all. Coffee for all. Soup is on the hob, and theres fresh baked bread. Chocolate, guiness, whiskey, champagne, herbal preparations, cigarettes....

Intoxicants are consumed at ones own risk, and are entirely ones own choice.

JK does not respond well to rules, he's only the sort of chap who wants to break them. However, when left to his own good consience he is a loverly young man. He first arrived at the utopia cafebar a few months ago, in need of refreshment having just bumped off a royal, if my memory serves me right.

As soon as I asked him not to do something, (throw chips) he began flinging the fries. Which just goes to show as far as I'm concerned. I must say I am still al little wary of this 'moderation' malarky, and the spooky grey faces, but we shall see how it goes.

I shall post the URL of the test site for the new utopia cafebar, hosted off h2g2 somewhere as soon as I figure out where i can put it.
And please take a look at it and submit content to me or happy, cos i dunno what the hell i'm doing with it.

Now, does everyone have food?

pj
x



ssoss

Post 37

Sol

No, but I wouldn't mind some of that leek and potatoe soup you mention in your comealong. smiley - smiley


ssoss

Post 38

purplejenny

An excellent choice.

*soup is served in a big deep bowl, with a swirl of cream and fresh crusty roll.*

Welcome


ssoss

Post 39

Sol

*looks at soup with a big happy smile*

*then eats the soup*

Sorry to eat and run, but I couldn't resist. Leek and potatoe. Yum. Thank you.


ssoss

Post 40

Peregrin

*looks at soup and tries to conceal drooling*

that looks delicious smiley - smiley

It's a shame we've lost all our links but that means we can build up a new set of them, which means we can read them all over again... which in the long run is probably a good thing.

*pokes a trowel at the weeds around the runner bean poles* mmm, self sufficiency...


Key: Complain about this post