A Conversation for Utopia Cafebar

Sitting in trees

Post 1

Peregrin

Is it just me here that likes sitting in trees? smiley - silly


Sitting in trees

Post 2

purplejenny

*climb... climb... climb....*

*settles into a nice fork, with a perfect footrest.*

I like climbing trees.

*looks down*

Eeeek! I think I'll stop here a while.

purplejenny


Sitting in trees

Post 3

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Me too!
*climb climb climb slip fall gasp grab whew climb climb climb*

This is fun!

Trees are great! How did you get one as large as this into the bar? Anyways I'm working on the Utopia Wildlife Park - busy getting pictures ready, it will take a while. But I'm going to plant lots of trees there. In the Africa section I will find a fountain and build a deep, clear pool, and right next to it I will plant a huge mahogany tree treated with magic growth powder so that it will reach 250 feet in a week. I will also plant vines in and around it so people can swing like Tarzan, and jump from the vines into the pool. There will be hippos and crocodiles in the pool - the hippos will be trained to keep the crocodiles away from the swimmers so that there will be excitement without danger.

From up here there sure is a nice view. I never realised just how big this cafébar is. Well it has to be because a couple of guys got lost directly after entering. But the layout looks more sensible from up here.


Sitting in trees

Post 4

Peregrin

Yay! A mahogany tree! *smiley - hugs the sapling*

Um... can you train the crocs to keep away the hippos, too? smiley - bigeyes I'm not sure I'd like to jump off a vine and land on a dozing hippo...

*hops up and down impatiently, wanting the wildlife park to be finished, so he can go looking for ant's nests*


Sitting in trees

Post 5

purplejenny

hello willem and ian

i really like this tree already. I've just put up a notice on the board, and I have to climb out of the tree soon and get back down to the ground to do some work. In the meantime, the view is lovely.

I like the utopia cafebar, and it can be as big as we want it to be. I've been chatting to a fella from the h2g2 realisation project, and he might make it all 3D for us. I'm also really looking forward to willems wildlife place, and will perhaps rope happydude into doing some clever webstuff.

There just isn't enough time to hang out and enjoy it as i'd like.

Oh well, i think i'll stay here a bit longer, but open a window to the virtual world of work as well.

love

jenny


Sitting in trees

Post 6

HappyDude

Me like trees - the nieghbours want to cut down big tree outside house because to many leaves fall off it ?


Sitting in trees

Post 7

purplejenny

I used to live in a tiny weeny flat on the A10 in London. There was a bus stop right outside the house, and the night bus ran through the night, rattling the windows every twenty minutes or so. The flat wasn't heated, except for a gas fire in the tiny living 'room' so the bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette were all very cold.

Once, my bloke broke the window in the bedroom, and we couldn't afford to get it fixed for a while, so we had to tape card to the window and cuddle together to stay warm. (He is a silly, lovely man, and our flat was too small for doing somersaults on the bed without sticking a foot accidentally out of the window... smiley - smiley )

Anyway, the best things about the flat were 1. we lived in it happily, 2. you could lie on the floor in the middle and have a limb in every room and 3. a great big cherry tree outside. In the spring, there were fresh new leaves and soft pink blossom flying all around. In summer, the sunlight would filter softly through the big green leaves, and i would sit for hours looking at it...

in autumn, there were tiny cherries, and beautiful autumn colour to the leaves. And by winter, the leaves were gone and you could see the rest of the street for once. (a busy road with victorian terraces split into flats and bedsits, with a car crash on the corner every couple of weeks.)

One saturday morning, we were woken by the sound of chainsaws and a tree chipper. Bit by bit, some men chopped down the tree - starting at the top, i thought at first that they might just be giving it a prune, but they gradually chopped it into pieces, and chipped through the machine into a pile on top of a truck.

I put a big sign up in the window of our flat, painted in big letters, saying PLEASE PUT THE TREE BACK. They couldn't of course, but I got a note from the neighbours explaining that they had to chop the tree down, cos the insurance people said the roots were too close to the house. Still, a sad thing to see is a tree chopped up.

pj

x



Sitting in trees

Post 8

Peregrin

aw smiley - sadface

I bet the tree was there first... couldn't they have chopped the house down?


Sitting in trees

Post 9

HappyDude

They said there going to replace the tree with a baby one so all is not lost - tree and houses dat from same time.


Sitting in trees

Post 10

AnnaNorseGoddess

Tarzan,Tarzan...
Down Chita!
I am at AnnaNorseGoddess' this week-end. I am very Happy! I have decided to hang up all dreams about Fairhope and Run through the Jungle.
Worlds of Love,
Me JANE


Sitting in trees

Post 11

HappyDude

JLC hi nice of you to visit - I had a great day in france got back home about two hours ago loaded with booze for xmas.

now back to trees.


Sitting in trees

Post 12

purplejenny

is this tree still growing as we sit here? if so will we get further away from each other or just further away from the ground? do trees grow up from the bottom or up from the top?

*swings her legs in the branches.*

hmmmm.


Sitting in trees

Post 13

Peregrin

they grow at the top... so we'll stay in the same place, but the branches we're sitting on will get thicker.

*eats an acorn to see what it tastes like*


Sitting in trees

Post 14

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Should we call this place Treetopia?


Sitting in trees

Post 15

Peregrin

Mm, nice wordplay smiley - smiley
*strokes the tree, in case it likes being stroked*


Sitting in trees

Post 16

purplejenny

*purplejenny has been out of the tree for a while. Just as you notice she's not there...

*climb, climb, climb

Hello again.

smiley - hollysmiley - hollysmiley - holly

smiley - star

I brought some decorations for the tree.

have a happy christmas everyone.

smiley - kiss




Sitting in trees

Post 17

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

What, aren't the leaves, lichens, mosses, bracket fungi and bird's nests decorative enough?

Well, a little more can't hurt. I hope everyone here has a joyful Christmas!


Sitting in trees

Post 18

purplejenny

hi willem,

trees are great, but everything can have a bit of decoration.

merry christmas to you.

jen


Sitting in trees

Post 19

Peregrin

*climbs up again, having just arrived in London after his Christmas hol*

ooh decoration. *sprinkles some sparkely stuff around*

Don't worry, it's biodegradable.


Sitting in trees

Post 20

purplejenny

Twelth Night today chaps...

*removes decorations, carefully composting the holly and bio-degradable bits. The rest of the sparkly things are stored in the sparkly things bag. *

well, its all a bit back to normal now, int'it?

nice though.




Key: Complain about this post