A Conversation for The Stretcher

The contestants lounge

Post 81

Beatrice

Nah I'll keep my abuse of the judges and their poxy voting system in here thanks smiley - winkeye

So.....no-body eliminated till after Round 3, is it? And is that just the one elimination, or more than one (or you haven't decided yet?)


The contestants lounge

Post 82

Beatrice

Gone a bit quiet in here! Tough challenge this week - I've written and re-written mine several times and I'm still not happy smiley - erm


The contestants lounge

Post 83

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - tea


The contestants lounge

Post 84

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Me too, Beatrice. I started with what I thought was quite a good idea, and the end product has ended up so far from the challenge stimulus that I'm not sure how to get back there. Argh!


The contestants lounge

Post 85

U168592

It took me ages to think of something, and when I did it had been roughly covered by the EG anyway (like chewing gum, or tree sitting).

Then when I wrote my Entry I found myself having real trouble with it.

I've done it.

I'm not exceedingly happy with it.

It gives the information, but I think it's a bit stale. This >was< a stretch, this challenge, but I am rather looking forward to the next one.

My sporting instincts say this was an own goal, let's move on to next week and put it behind us team - and go out there and win one for the giffer!


The contestants lounge

Post 86

LL Waz

Very tough - I've thought, rethought, and abandoned three or four subjcts. Now with time so short I'm just going to have to do the best I can with the best of them smiley - erm (in between trying to get a plumber for the leaking hot water cylinder). The problem's been trying to choose something that Phocoid won't say is comfort zone - I can find dozens of subjects within that!



The contestants lounge

Post 87

LL Waz

Feels better knowing you guys are struggling too - not that I want you to be, but it's company!

A plumber rang back too - that's better also.

Now to get writing ...


The contestants lounge

Post 88

U168592

hmm, will your Entry be about the 'bleedin' plumbers'? smiley - tongueout


The contestants lounge

Post 89

LL Waz

You know, I thought about that as I wrote that post ... if it wasn't EG ...

As it is, the key to a good plumber is get one that isn't in the phone book!


The contestants lounge

Post 90

U168592

I'm handy around the toilet.

That sounds odd, but I can change a mean diaphragm.

That sounds even worse smiley - laugh

Moving on, I'll leave you to your writing. So many distractions!


The contestants lounge

Post 91

LL Waz

smiley - laugh So can I, so there smiley - tongueout. What bugs me is I couldn't mend this leak myself.

And yes, wheest, you're distracting me. I'm off googling.


The contestants lounge

Post 92

U168592

smiley - bigeyes


The contestants lounge

Post 93

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Dont worry you are not the only one struggling. I STILL dont know what to write! have to get it done this evening!

minismiley - mouse


The contestants lounge

Post 94

Beatrice

Phew, glad I'm not alone! Right chaps and chapesses, let's get this challenge met!


The contestants lounge

Post 95

Secretly Not Here Any More

Am I the only one that enjoyed this week?


The contestants lounge

Post 96

Danny B

I enjoyed writing the Entry, but I've a nasty feeling I haven't quite met the brief as the judges intended smiley - erm


The contestants lounge

Post 97

U168592

I didn't really enjoy it because I fell into the trap of writing an essay I would have written a few *cough* years ago for my nurse training. As such I think it reads like an essay and while it's informative, doesn't really feel hootoo (or indeed 'me').

That's why I'm looking forward to the next stretch more smiley - smiley


The contestants lounge

Post 98

Secretly Not Here Any More

"I enjoyed writing the Entry, but I've a nasty feeling I haven't quite met the brief as the judges intended"

I almost feel like that - but I enjoyed the actual writing that much that the judges views seem secondary. And I think the second we all start worrying and writing just for the contest, we might as well have not entered.


The contestants lounge

Post 99

Beatrice

I spent so much time on it this week - firstly agonising over what the judges meant, then doing some quick initial research into a shorlist of 4 topics, and then doing some serious research and writing (and re-writing) to get the tone of my entry right.

I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to devote this much time to every challenge smiley - erm


The contestants lounge

Post 100

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

ok, i *think* i have an idea.

*wanders off to research*

minismiley - mouse


Key: Complain about this post