A Conversation for The Stretcher

All you have to do ...

Post 1

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

"All you have to do is write a piece based around the word 'Shell' that you think would be suitable for the Edited Guide or the UnderGuide. It can be written in any style you like, poetry or prose, as long as the word 'Shell' appears in the title."

Such was the challenge for the first round. But where can I find the challenges for later rounds? What was the brief for round two? Or am I being stupid?

TRiG.smiley - smiley


All you have to do ...

Post 2

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

At the bottom of round one.

I thought I'd looked there.

TRiG.smiley - doh


All you have to do ...

Post 3

frenchbean

smiley - laugh


All you have to do ...

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

I'll tip you off for the next challenge:

'Your challenge this week is to set up a content management system for cricket website. The result should write to, and read from, a MySQL database using php, look attractive, and be usable by idiots. Furthermore, you must demonstrate a highly-developed knowledge of cricket statistics to a point where you can devise a system for automatically calculating who deserves the man-of-the-match award. And if it runs a Fantasy Krikkit competition, that would be a bonus.'

smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more