A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 61

dasilva


*grey metter flashes with inspiration*

Richard Briers! smiley - winkeye

He's not far off Peter Jones' comforting, slightly smokey vocals and though not terribly famous over the pond isn't a total unknown (thanks in the main part to several Channel 4 films that went down well over in the States).


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 62

George (the babbling) Brooke

How about Eric Idle?


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 63

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I wanna do the voice.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 64

dasilva



Oh go on then, as it's you...(Sorry, but Eric sounds constantly surprised, which for a work of encyclopaedic reference wouldn't go down to well...imagine Chubby Brown narrating the Bible?)


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 65

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I'm more your Lorne Green, Commander Adama type. Canadian accent.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 66

George (the babbling) Brooke

Yes! A canadian accent, like Micheal McManus from LEXX! Anyway, a very knowledgeable friend told me that in the same way the books were different from the radio scripts that the movie will be different from the books. Think there will be a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla? Or a Lintilla?


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 67

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

(I should have said earlier), not to worry about Jim Carrey if it's a Disney production (smiley - yuk) because he gets at least 20 million a picture and they are the cheapest b******s in the biz. People like Robin Williams and Tim Allen only get 100 thou for a voice over and that's top pay. Robin has said he'll refuse to work for them again if that's all they will pay for a character like the genie in Aladdin.

The real trouble with this project is HHGTTG spawned a whole new genre of Sci-Fi (Lexx is typical) and it will be competing with its own offspring unless they set it up and treat it like a 'classic' - which is why maybe Disney - but the Evil Empire will only use the books as a basis for its own mechanations (See Pochahantas) and their facist agiprop.
But I'd still like to do the voice and I'd only want point 42% of the gate.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 68

George (the babbling) Brooke

Is there some way of toppling the Demonic Mouse? Can HHGTTG be saved? Will we be invited to the grand opening? Will there be free food? Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion to...

The Hitchhikers' Guide The Bank

or

Carey Get's His Walking Papers


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 69

dasilva


(In best Peter Jones voice):

Arthur bruised Mr.Carrey's proboscis...


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 70

Marx

i hate to dampen the party of DOWN WITH CAREY - with which I am in total agreement. He must not appear in this film - but heard that he is not intended for the role of Arthur; rather that Mr Adams was keen for him to play Zaphod!


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 71

Regor

Patrick Stuart would be an excellent choice for the voice of the Book. Sadly Peter Jones has passed away, and I doubt they won't just use the old book entries.

I gather DNA as stated the Arthur *will* be an Englishman. Hugh Laurie could certainly do it. Chris Barrie maybe...


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 72

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Jack Dee for Marvin!!!!


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 73

Minty

I reckon that Hugh Laurie will be the best around for Arthur Dent.
Steven Fry has to be in there somewhere.....

And we must give into the fact that if Dineys in charge, bye-bye to a english cast. [I love America, i'm from there but even i have to say that we'de be really bad in this. Jim Carrey, to wacky, and we will be to wacky].

minty


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 74

Minty

By the way, wacky is bad, very bad.
Extremly bad for this slick humoured comedy.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 75

Minty

I'm gonna make alot of people happy! After a bloody eternity of searching, here is a review and interview with Douglas Adams. This gives away lots of info. I'll paste it in. [Oh yeah, i'll have to give you this site address in a weird way because it always says 'cannot display link' go to [URL removed by moderator]

[Copyright material removed by moderator]


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 76

Marx

smiley - erm.....where's it gone????


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 77

Old Jimmy

I think that the stuff he got must have contained copyrighted stuff, like names and info that the editors don't want.

And what is the website address? A B witha C at www with a com, what?


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 78

Zorknot

As far as Jim Carrey being Arthur, I'm pretty sure that's just an ugly rumor. DNA has made it clear that he wants Arthur to be English. However I do think Carrey could have another role in the movie perhaps a cameo as one of the overly american cops or the news reporter (assuming these roles are in the film version as well). Also He did do a fairly decent british accent in Man in the Moon.

Patrick Stewart I think should definately show up somewhere in the movie if at all possible. I think it'd be funny for him to play the captain of the ship of middle class people that crashes into prehistoric earth.

I wish Simon Jones could still play Arthur. DNA says he's too old, but he IS Arthur Dent!

I really wish there was a seperate website for the movie. I'm sick of having to do everything but hack into government computers to find anything out.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 79

taliesin

Patrick Stewart as... the book, of course smiley - winkeye

Jim Carrey, NOT!


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 80

Zorknot

I just had a thought: Brad Dourf for slartibartfast! Perhaps a little young but certainly weird enough.


Key: Complain about this post