A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 141

Dizzy H. Muffin

I keep having to do a double-take because ever since my sister changed her last name to match that of our stepfather, her name is literally "Maggie Smith." She doesn't particularly resemble the actress, though ...


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 142

Bluebottle

That brightened my daysmiley - eureka

Ben Franklin was the best man at my wedding, our friend Derek married Jackie Chan and my old next-door neighbour was Jackie Kennedy. Who else has famously-named friends?

<BB<


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 143

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I have this friend called Goofy

smiley - pirate


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 144

Beeblefish

*comes up from lurking behind the furniture and grabs a comfortable seat*

Hi All!

Finally I'm all caught up on reading the threads since July!

Sorry for flickering in and out of existence there. It's been a crazy term. Just when I finally got my login sorted out and my account re-activated I was slammed with a overload teaching term. But I'm now back. So many things are going on! Broken limbs (ouch), house beers (congrats Patsey, I hope the deal comes through well), buggy computers (bummer Lil, hope the new, new one comes soon!) and general hijinks.

For anyone I haven't met, hi!! I'm Beebelfish. I was here back when this was all fields, but was sadly dragged away for grad school and then starting to teach. Hopefully things are settling down a bit and I can do things like having friends and being social again...maybe.

I'm cheating a bit by writing a research paper on the Guide one that I started in 2005...) so I can have the excuse to hang out with old friends in old haunts. (BB I just wrote you and the other Editors about this!)

Well, that's me. Hi there!
smiley - fish

*grabs a smiley - tea*

p.s., no famous-named friends though, sorry...


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 145

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Anyone that's friends with paulh has a famously-named friend. Since I don't know how he'd feel about my being too obvious about his real last name, you'll just have to ask him for "the rest of the story" smiley - winkeye


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 146

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 147

Mol - on the new tablet

[Mol]


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 148

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

[RNick - keeping his last chompers a while longer]


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 149

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Chris Morris, welcome to the Atelier, and please make yourself at home. We have plenty of virtual refreshments and I hope you'll enjoy the company and the conversation. smiley - smiley

The movie sounds intriguing. Can anyone remember the name of the comedy Maggie Smith made with Kirsten Scott Thomas and Rowan Atkinson where Maggie played a not-quite-reformed murderer?

Beeble, my old friend, come out here and have a cup of tea.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 150

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh, and the laptop is on its way home. The SSD was bad.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 151

Beeblefish

Yay for the new new laptop! I DON'T know that movie but I want to find out it sounds awesome!


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 152

Beeblefish

Keeping Mum maybe?


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 153

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*goes off to google* Yes! That's the one. And Rowan Atkinson gets a sex scene (mild) with Kristen Scott Thomas, which must be one of the high points of his film career. I recommend it.

Matina, would you bake us some cinnamon buns, please? Breakfast wasn't very good. Every time I begin to feel like a dowager duchess (which you all know I actually am), being waited on hand and foot, the kitchen sends down a reminder that this is in truth a Medicaid funded facility. And then there are all the demented gentlemen on this hall. Oh, I could tell you stories... smiley - weird


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 154

Eatsmice

A high point for Rowan and I imagine a low point for Kristen smiley - winkeye

We introduced mouse 1 (now 14) and mouse 2 (now 13) to Shawshank last week and they sat rapt through it all. A definite change of pace and depth of story from the Marvel goodies they are becoming used to. We were amazed and pleased at their response to it and the conversation it sparked. A nice moment.
Isn't it nice when a film isn't a headlong rush to the end and slows down like a lazy Sunday in summer?

Nice to know your laptop has escaped the Orcs and is fleeing home, Lil. An artistic adventure awaits its return.

Going back to poloitics and Marvel, wouldn't it be nice to introduce Deadpool to the Trump?!


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 155

Eatsmice

Poloitics" hmmm. The game where you swing a politician by the legs from the back of a horse.

And hello to Chris.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 156

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Reguarding post #153 - - -

With the pump gone ploof, I spent two brief times in the hospital. A 'seniors' and 'holding' ward. Those with no control of body functions or, it would seem, their minds. Sad in a way, but also very unsettling for a middle-aged guy trying to sleep. Atleast 3 or 4 hours of every 24 ...


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 157

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Just this moment, one such gentleman is having a mouth-foaming effing and blinding tantrum because someone got into his closet. He is accusing his wheelchair bound room mate of stealing a pair of pants. It is a loud and ugly scene.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 158

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Poloitics: the metaphysics of mallets.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 159

Eatsmice

It's a difficult thing to deal with mentally when you are tired and want the noisy old sods to shut up, bugger off, and just die, coupled with the realisation that it's not their fault if their mental faculties have just stepped out of the office to answer nature's call and got lost on the way back into the room.


10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 160

Baron Grim

Hoi Polloitics - pandering to the uncultured masses. (See Trumplification)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more