A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2781

Bluebottle

Hello PP! This time in a fortnight it'll be Christmas - and I'll be up in Leeds with the inlaws, so no-one burgle my house or steal the Isle of Wight while I'm gone. Today I introduced the kids to their great-great-aunt and great-great-uncle who now live in Salisbury.

smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnoteI'm currently listening to my Christmas song CD I did years ago. Why don't they play Monty Python's 'Christmas In Heaven' much at this time of year, it seems festive to me.

<BB<


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2782

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

We finally finished our decorating, at least we are finished now instead of just beginning like last year.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2783

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

My favorite moon on snow was the view of a snow-clad Sierra Blanca, as I drove home from evening classes -- it glowed a deep blue like a sword.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2784

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Just got home from seeing The Blue Man Group. That was a rather entertaining show. The best part is that the tickets were gifts from J's boss. Her boss gives us tickets to three or four performances every year it seems.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2785

Flamedancer

*cocks an eyebrow at Baggy, surprised he doesn't recognize her (not knowing she's been in stasis since SSO, apparently, since she wasn't able to move over to BBCid)*

*llicks Ripley all over, having satiated herself before Ripley woke up*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2786

aka Bel - A87832164

[Bel]


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2787

Phil

Sunday morning backlog reading.

Hello Peep and Flamedancer.

It would have been nice to see the full moon but living where we do, clouds get in the way quite often. Over the last few days the clouds have been leaking and it seems like they are right now as well.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2788

Santragenius V

Hello Flamedancer smiley - bubbly

I'm with you on the trees, Beatrice smiley - ok

We had a beatiful almost full and indeed ice-white moon behind a thin whispery haze of clouds last night while the older of the scouts made a wee night exercise for the younger.

Now we're homeward bound on a succession of trains smiley - smiley


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2789

Z

Oof to our athetists bookclub in a few minutes time where we shall be distributing'Christmas' cards.

Humm.

Actually no, Christians stole pagan customs, now heathens steal Christian ones.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2790

Titania (gone for lunch)

I'll refrain from commenting on Christians stealing heathen customs, since I could rant forever about that. *wondering about how to wash an unau fur clean from wolf saliva*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2791

Beatrice

Just back from walking both dogs down by the canal. Mini discovered she can swim! Also that water is wet. And cold. smiley - towelsmiley - brr


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2792

Hypatia

There is something eerie about a full moon this time of year, with the trees bare. It's always brighter and lonlier. Easier to see wolves.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to be an absolute smiley - bleep and find an excuse not to spend the day with my mother. I am in desperate need of some time to myself. But if I do, I won't relax anyway because I'll feel guilty all day. smiley - sigh

The good news is that there are no more Saturday library programs for a while. Yesterday's performer was top notch. I want to have him back this summer. We may be a small library, but when I have a speaker or performer, it's worth your time to come. Yesterday we competed with the Christmas parade. I set my holiday open house months ago and am still miffed that the Chamber scheduled the parade for the same afternoon. Thing is, the parade has been the forst Thursday in December for 20 years or better. smiley - cross


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2793

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2794

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Seconded. Posting this from my phone, in the back of my wife's car As we drive with her friend, T, to a weekend hike. I'll have big, good, stressful news on Monday, but for now, life is good.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2795

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I felt guilty all night because Squeaky Joe missed curfew and had to stay out all night and it snowed. Curfew is the moment I have got out of the wchair and into bed. I will not get back into the wchair again till morning unless the house is on fire.

He was none the worse for wear when he came in this morning and in fact went right back out after a hearty breakfast and a bit of affection.

We do have some exotic megafauna here. Has anyone seen Kitty lately?


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2796

Agapanthus

I have spent the afternoon being as incredibly ridiculous as possible. I made a nativity scene. Out of cardboard, coloured paper, cotton wool, toothpicks and pins.

And prawns.

Scrumph is just tidying up a photograph for me to post on the internets, and then I'll share the link.

Prawnativity. Even I don't believe it, and I made the stupid thing.

And the truth? It was hilarious and I basically sat at the kitchen table and chortled to myself for three hours solid.

And Scrumph, who had responded to my first suggestion of 'let's make a Nativity! Out of prawns!' with 'yes, dear,' in concerned tones, ended up making a reflector out of tinfoil and a spatter-guard so the photograph would be correctly lit. The madness, it is infectious. I am sorry.

And then I made Thai Prawn Soup.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2797

Titania (gone for lunch)

Very much looking forward to some footage, Ag and Scrumph!smiley - ok


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2798

Santragenius V

Did you just ... cook ... the holy characters?? smiley - yikes

smiley - winkeye


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2799

Dizzy H. Muffin

Last night was fun! My mother runs a women's chorus with some 60 members, and last night was their annual Winter Soltice concert. I can honestly say it was one of the best performances they've ever had. This was partly due to the sing-along bits; they had a great audience this time. All in all, it was *worth* the hassle of needing a lift, since they've moved to a new performance-location and it's not within walking distance from my apartment anymore.

> And then I made Thai Prawn Soup.

Nativithai Prawn Soup? smiley - silly


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2800

Agapanthus

Santra, why yes we did. And they weren't even Kosher. I shall be Struck By Lightning, I know it.

Anyway, I've posted it on Facebook, but for everyone who isn't on Facebook/hates Facebook/would prefer not to have to go to the faff of friending me on Facebook/wishes to remain anonymous anyway, here's a non-FB link too: http://pic.twitter.com/XFLXATit


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more