A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 61

Milla, h2g2 Operations

*stays at a safe distance from smiley - dragon, clutching favourite smiley - elviscup*
Hello all! After today, I have four weeks of vacation. I can hardly wait.

smiley - towel


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 62

Metal Chicken

4th LED! I obviously need to move faster.

Maybe an mbougatse for breakfast, sweet and tasty, should provide a bit of zing for the day ahead.

[MC]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 63

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Mornin All smiley - biggrin

Somebody's half inched summer again, misty and drizzly.

Thanks Lil for the usual excellent scribing; what would we do without you.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 64

aka Bel - A87832164

Great scribing, Lil. smiley - smiley


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 65

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

B***ger,

Just picked up my Kindle to download books for hols and the screen is cream crackered. Can Amazon get me a replacement overnight? Watch this space.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 66

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - goodluck with it. smiley - ok


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 67

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Sometimes living in ther middle of the Irish Sea doesn't help smiley - laugh


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 68

Phil

I'm sure they'll get you a replacement WA, just not that quick.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 69

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Well I can see some of the screen, just hope it doesn't spread. I could always pinch Mrs WA's.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 70

Bluebottle

4th LED - The shame!
I need a smiley - tea to calm down, I think...

<BB<


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 71

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 72

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I'm glad I bought one of those leather covers for my kindle -- at least nothing can bang directly into the screen when I'm not using it.

Hey, Kerr, I don't think we saw you at all during the last conversation, did we?

I'll be shutting the house up by late morning again today -- it's going to be hot... and humid.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 73

Hypatia

We were a bit cooler on Wednesday, but it didn't last. We're flirting with the century mark again.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 74

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I spent a lot of today melting. This wasn't helped by lugging (in total) 125lbs of music making gear down stair so it's ready to be loaded up in the car tomorrow.

Oh, and the start date of my job has been moved forward to Monday! They're staggering the intake and the person who was supposed to be coming in first decided they didn't want to do it any more. Looks like my habit if Actually Learning (as opposed to making notes and then forgetting all but the most basic stuff) how to do a job will come in very handy.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 75

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Big thunderstorm moving through, but no hail so far, just sheeting down rain.


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 76

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I wish we had a thunderstorm!


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 77

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Ah, we've had three or four, and the temperature outside is below 70ºF!

Yesterday evening I rolled outside to enjoy the evening coolth and the smell of rain-washed juniper, which is one of the cleanest, head-clearing smells I know. As I was sitting there in the twilight with Wascally Wabbit on my lap, 5 mule deer hopped a fence and materialized in the front yard of the empty house across the street. Three were does, one was a young two point buck with one damaged antler, and the last was a fine-looking 5-point buck who was probably the author of the damage.

They spread out across the yard, foraging, and the big buck came up to the street in order to chew on the suckers of the tree that stood at the base of the driveway. Whereupon Wabbit jumped off my lap and trotted across the road. The buck flinched at the movement, but focussed on the tabby cat and moved toward it.

Wabbit and the buck touched noses for two or three seconds, then went about their business.

Interspecies greetings! smiley - cool


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 78

Mol - on the new tablet

smiley - run Just seen Harry Potter film, it's fantastic! smiley - run

[Mol]


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 79

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

My husband's just playing the game, Mol.

I played Captain America earlier, though, so I can't complain...


105Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 80

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - bikersmiley - biker
My wife, A---, and I went to visit our daughter, B---. It was a hundred-mile round-trip on the Honda Nighthawk. A--- is getting really good at hanging on, not squirming, leaning into the curves ~with~ me, and not freaking out when we reach a certain speed. A bit warm for the travel, but enjoyable. We stopped at a Harley-Davidson authorized repair shop on the way back and even ~she~ saw one for sale she could drool over. We'll see what the next year brings in the way of 2-wheeled conveyances.
smiley - coolsmiley - cool
B4iexpoundonjusthowfarshe'scome4metopraiseherforherriding(pillion)skills


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more