A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 101

The Corrupt One

In the spirit of hey-that's-a-good-idea, why-didn't-I-think-of-that, an abilities page!: A86168992

*Corrupt is too busy checking out the rift itself and poking at its edges to notice the arrow. Which is likely for the best. The not-touching-the-arrow bit, anyway. Not so sure about the poking-at-the-rift bit.*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 102

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar] Man, don't I feel like a high-level adventurer surrounded by people at level 1 ... smiley - winkeye

Hey, Affy. How's it going? Shoulda figured you'd show up, I keep forgetting the Atelier's *on top* of CLI ...

[under his breath] ... which is actually a bit disconcerting, now that I think about it ...


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 103

Afgncaap5

*Jovially waves to Yar*

Yep! It's fun to think about. Heh...if Lil knew how likely the entire place was to just blow up on any given day, she'd probably move out!

*Spots Corrupt and thinks to himself before speaking*

Corrupt, you're here as an observer and adventurer and not as a villain, right?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 104

Santragenius V

A slingshot, a small axe (mostly for chopping chores, not really a weapon) and a few bags of dehydrated montaneering food...


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 105

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Looks at the programmable arrow*

Too bad it's not a mini crossbow bolt!


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 106

The Corrupt One

*Corrupt shrugs noncommittally at Affy's question.*

I'm just, er, well, I'm here, anyhow. Did the dragon give you any trouble?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 107

Afgncaap5

*Snaps his fingers*

Right! The dragon! Ampton'll be able to clear it out, but in the meantime it's a bit, er...voracious. I think I can solve that. Be right back...

*He darts away*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 108

The Corrupt One

*shouts after him* You'd better not hurt my dragon!


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 109

Bluebottle

*Armed only with a kettle that can boil at a moment's notice and a year's supply of tea bags*

Does your smiley - dragon like smiley - tea?

<BB<


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 110

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Yar, in adventuring you're so advanced that sometimes I can't even understand what you've done. But I guess that's the difference between technology and magic... smiley - winkeye

I think it's still true to describe an adventure full of salonistas as an inexorable force that stops frequently for tea breaks.

I think that, while we're waiting for Affy, y'all should look around the linen closet and see whether there's anything useful to take along. Chloe stores a lot of miscellaneous stuff here. Glassware, cutlery, mugs, household tools, cleaning supplies, odds and ends of the sort that you find in kitchen drawers, and even linens.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 111

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Goes rummaging around the linen closet in search of Interesting Stuff. Also smiley - sporks.*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 112

Todaymueller

Right, I have grabbed a spare VPB and some pillow cases so we can keep any entities encountered. I am fully qualified to guard the entities and issue written warnings in triplicate, if they do not behave themselves.
The samovar is almost boiling and we shall soon be ready for smiley - tea and smiley - donut


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 113

Squid Minion 1

*From the other side of the rift comes a faint, indistinct murmuring that slowly gets louder until it is suddenly cut off by the barely audible words: "Shhhh! They&#39;ll hear us!" *


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 114

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

If needed, there are cages in the sample-holding area of the Mufflewhump. I've told Muffy that any entity currently of our party may give orders, and other entities may be added to that list only on the word of Lil and/or Yar and/or Affy (I tend to be too trusting, Lil's leading, and Yar and Affy are very experienced adventurers. And I may only be around sporadically, because of RL stuff Actually, I think I'll amend that to make it any 2 of the 3 can add order-givers, but it only takes 1 to remove access. If for some reason some entity/force/whatever takes over one of the 3 and that person tries to remove access for everyone but themselves, my permission cannot be revoked. So I suppose I'd better make myself able to add someone if I'm the only one with access...)


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 115

Todaymueller

Blimey I'm getting the willies and we are not even out of the linen closet yet. smiley - yikes


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 116

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Mr. D returns from his exploration of the shelves with a handful of smiley - sporks and an espresso cup...*

Well, you never know when it'll be handy.

[ooc]I've knocked together a quick inventory smiley - smileyA86177127[/ooc]


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 117

Dizzy H. Muffin

[OOC]
I'll be honest, Lil, that kind of thing is one of the reasons I did my little character-reboot. (Another major reason being that, while I've always been chock full of ideas, I used to be terrible at determining which ones were good and which ones were bad.) Sometimes I wonder how you guys could *stand* me. smiley - winkeye
[/OOC]

[Yar] Heh, glad you're thinking of security concerns like that, Amy. I mean, I can't remember any threads where that kind of thing actually came up, but ... huh?

[He frowns, peering at the rift.]


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 118

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Initial Inventory F25189?thread=8252985

*Checks around the closet.*
Torches, could be useful if I run out of batteries or they stop working. Water proof matches, now why didn't I have any of these before?

* Pulls off pack and stores new gear in the main pouch. Puts pack back on.*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 119

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*had been attaching a crochet hook she found to mini's pencil cup gondola for her to use as a gaff or weapon, when the whisper came out of the rift*

Now wouldn't it be strange if there was a group of adventurers assembling on the other side of the rift? *bends over and loses altitude to examine the arrow more closely -- the gondola has been wired so that it retains its upright position*


Yar, I only got a little cross-eyed when you were wrangling half a dozen characters in a single post! Talk about an excess of creativity...


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 120

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*hastily enters the linen closet, minus her fancy gear, and sporting only a messenger bag slung over her chest*

I had to scale down...don't ask! *finds another VPB on the shelf, and tries it on, is amazed as it fits like it was made for her...oh wait, it's a CLI equipped linen closet*

I don't have anything of a particularly weapony nature, but I do have a sharpened teaspoon and my charity shop invisibility cloak...

*picks up her pack of 2 mufflehumps, a bag of kibble and her Starbucks mug, and stuffs them in her bag*

I'm still hearing whispers over there...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more