A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 121

Afgncaap5

*Strolls back*

The dragon should be busy trying to either swallow or remove the specially engineered toffee from its mouth now. That'll keep it from eating the rest of the building while the worker bots fix the hole.

Goodness, everyone's still here. Guess I won't be playing catch up after all.


It's worth noting that the VPB wasn't originally invented at CLI per se, even if the company probably now manufactures them (or things like them.)


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 122

Spaceechik, Typomancer

actually, I just thought, since CLI supplied so much other kit to the Atelier, that it supplied the mathoms in the linen closet, too -- thanks for the info! smiley - ok


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 123

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I could be wrong, but it was my understanding of the lore that Irv commissioned the VPB from CLI, so it would make sense that CLI manufactures them. smiley - smiley


OK. My feeling is that Yar, Affi, CO and GDZ should go in ahead of the rest of us cos between you, you have the reflexes, diplomatic skills, quick temper and jarhead experience (in that order) to handle any surprises. And you've all fought before. The rest of us will follow in two minutes and either start exploring or provide reinforcements. What do the rest of you think of the idea? Any other suggestions?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 124

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - huh
[B4 completes his traverse of the hall, shuffling along with his back to the wall, palms splayed out as if losing contact with it might spell certain doom. His left hand slides over the door jamb and he realizes…]
Hey, someone left the Linen Closet door [he looks in and sees all the folks clustered inside] …open. Um… Hi, everyone! Affy, Yar, SpaceCadette, Santra, GDZ, Bluebottle, Todaymueller, Mr. D, (Amy P), mini, Witty… Good lord, how did y'all manage to all squeeze in here. This is like some college prank or hazing dare. Have any of y'all seen… Oh. Lil. There you are! Do you know there's a… [gazes with raised eyebrows at Lil, and points over his shoulder]
smiley - erm
B4ihave2declaremyfirstbreachofcontinuityshortlyaftermyfirstposting


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 125

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

B4, I can tell you're using Brunel, because you see my suffix-thingysmiley - winkeye You can leave off the ()...


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 126

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Sure thing, (Amy P). Let me just jot that down as a 'note to self' sorta thing. [He pulls his PDA from the pouch on his belt and taps a few icons on its display.] Okay, Amy, I shouldn't make that social fox pass again.
smiley - winkeye
B4weallrealizemybrainistrulytied2thePDA&iwouldBlostwithoutit


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 127

Squid Minion 1

*A small inflatable squid pops through the rift as if pushed from the other side. It lets out a small growl and charges back through the rift.*
[barely audible voice]
Stop that right now!
[/barely audible voice]


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 128

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar remains staring intently at the rift until Lil makes her suggestion.] Yeah, that makes -- whoa!

[The squid appears and then retreats.]

Hmm. Uh ... Affy, what do you make of that?


Is it alive, to the extent that Yar could detect this and its level of hostility?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 129

The Corrupt One

*Corrupt attempts to grab hold of the inflatable squid.*

Get back here! smiley - grr


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 130

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - yikes
What the...!?
smiley - cdouble
First a peckish Mecho-Reptile, now a Malicious Squidward!
[He grabs the nearest Salonista by the shoulders.]
Has this been going for long? Is this why y'all are all clustered in here? What was that thing? Do I smell polka-dots? Why is the room getting dark?
smiley - cool
Oh. Yeah. My PSS. [Lets go of Salonista, and peers out from under them.] Is it gone? ...for good?
smiley - erm
B4allheckbreaksloose&ihave2gorescueanotherduckingpersona


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 131

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hi B4! Actually, I just came in here to look for some paint but you know how it is here, one thing always leads to -- hey! Did you see that?

Affi, you almost always bring inflatable squids when you visit. Where do you get them from?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 132

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I'm guessing he gets them from the rift. As for your suggestion, I'm a little rusty adventuring-wise but that order does seem to make sense.

*Adjusts gear, making sure everything is in reach*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 133

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - ok
[B4 reaches past Lil to pull something from a shelf.]
Well heck, if it's paint you wanted, how about this can?
[He reads the label...]
"Manufactured at CLI... Printed in CanIndoChiMexi... Constituent chemicals not tested for paranormal protection, multi-dimensional matte finish longevity, or wormhole / warp speed friction reduction capabilities while engaged in..." Blah, blah, blah.
[Looks at Lil.]
Yeah, this may be more time-consuming than at first glance.
smiley - erm
B4thewhitewashhitsthefence


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 134

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Lil, would it be alright if I just stayed back toward, well, the back? I've never been through the Rift before...

*peers anxiously around for the rude little inflatable squid*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 135

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I think the squid(s) may be as nervous as we are. And certainly less organised.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 136

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar] Not sure how much *that* says. Now that you mention it, I'm getting the impression that "has some sort of organization" counts enough for them to be less organized.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 137

Bluebottle

The more rigid the organisation, the harder it is to get anything done...

<BB<


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 138

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Hey can someone hand me that arrow?

I think it might come in useful, I just need to examine it to see how it is charged.

*receives the arrow from a nearby salonista*

ah thankyou, hmm *examines buttons carefully, sniffing around the lcd screed and carefully avoiding the Orange Button*

Well it seems to run on stripes . . . Or waves. Anybody want to look for some?

minismiley - mouse


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 139

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Are we ready?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 140

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Ready!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more