A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 61

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Sorry, Corrupt One, we've moved on since then I'm using a broomhandle now. On the plus side that does mean I haven't duct taped a camcorder to your staff!

*Mr. D squints at the image.*

It's daylight, I can tell you that. Those might be trees, but they could equally be stone columns with all this interference. I guess the cables aren't properly rift shielded.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 62

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar steps in.]

Oh dear, I go AFK for a few days and Fun Things happen without me. Sup?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 63

Squid Minion 1

*There is a slight shimmer in the rift, then a slightly larger than normal inflatable squid pops through near the ceiling, carrying a small basket. It starts to float through the air towards the shelves when it notices the group of adventurers. It lets out a small EEEK! and a misty black cloud of ink, drops it's basket and shoots back through the rift. There is a hiss and crackle as the tiny droplets in the black cloud touch any surface.

After a short pause, sensitive ears would be able to very faintly hear something that sounds like a klaxon, but underwater. A small red pinpoint of a light winks on in a corner of the ceiling. *


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 64

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Underwater? Gosh. That might explain the image being so unclear... VPBs are waterproof, right?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 65

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

It does explain the salt-water smell, and the green things must be alge, or seaweed.

Mayhaps the pillary shapes are coral?

minismiley - mouse


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 66

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Could be.

*Mr. D pulls the camera back through. It's certainly rather damp. But the duct tape is still holding fast!*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 67

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

So we need a submarine? Small enough to fit through the rift, but big enough inside for everyone.

Or maybe someone has some magic that can help?

minismiley - mouse


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 68

Bluebottle

Magic? No, but I know where someone left a Yellow Submarine. Four previous owners, with their friends all aboard, last used around the sea of green...

<BB<


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 69

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

smiley - snork


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 70

Santragenius V

*concentrates, then with a "plop" the mufflewhump turns into his fully loafed adventure backpack*

That's better. Though I don't have any scuba gear in this backpack... Mr D, can that broomstick reach the basket?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 71

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I think so...

*Removes the camcorder and screen from the broom handle and tapes a plastic pirate hook to the end then etrieves the basket from the shelf.*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 72

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Let's just assume that, if I'm talking to the group in a safe area on dry land, at least part of me is hanging out the open door, and if I'm talking to the ship, I've nipped back inside, OK? Though I may still put indicators in anyway.

Well, assuming that the good ship Mufflewhump is as like the ship it looks like as it, er, looks, underwater's not a problem. Can't fit anyone other than min and I in here, though.

#murmuring#

What? Why didn't you tell me?

#...#

Oh, right, I didn't ask.

So, wait, I *didn't* have to use up most of the mufflewhumps to make room?smiley - sigh

#...#

*sticks head outside*

Turns out there's more storage in here than I thought, since what I thought was the rear of the craft was a bulkhead separating the main bit with a sample-collecting area. So if anyone wants to store anything smallish and not waterproof in here, we can. Still feel free to take the wrapped mufflewhumps, though--I'll just take my satchel and my share of 2 and store them in here, since min won't be in danger of smothering after all... Turns out Muffy here thought the satchel was a part of my body and doesn't have the initiative to have thought to mention the extra space earlier. I seem to confuse it, because while I'm clearly all organic material, I don't respire, I don't strictly need to eat, and it doesn't quite believe that I've reproduced twice.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 73

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

How do we know that this yellow submarine won't attract trouble?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 74

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*ferkles around on a shelf* Aha! Here they are. A whole stack of VPB's*.

These are an alternative to all of us being stuffed into a submarine of any kind, and they have been around hootoo forever. In fact I'm pretty sure we used them underwater once before, as well as in deep space.

*hands them round to anyone who wants one*


That squidy thing might be less afraid of individuals than one big yellow thing...



*Virtual Patio Bubble, originally invented at the Aroma Cafe to isolate smokers


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 75

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar takes a VPB.] Awesome! Man, I should come here more often, there's always new stuff you didn't know about.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 76

Todaymueller

Tod tries on a VPB and finds it fits perfectly. There is an orange button on the VPB, wonder if it will be used in this adventure?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 77

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Are VPBs self-propelled, or should I check to see if this thing has a tractor beam?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 78

Santragenius V

*dons VPB*

I for one don't darr to open the basket - but I'm also very curious to know what, if anything, a flying squid would carry in a basket

Southern Italy schedules interfere quite effectively with being in a linen closet smiley - winkeye


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 79

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

No, they're just some kind of bubble that captures breathable material from whatever is outside the bubble and emits CO2 and trace materials. I don't know what it does with the smoke.

I was looking around for materials to make a carry basket that will slip on my harkonnen harness, unless mini will fit in Amy's protective ship. My basket isn't nearly as nice looking, but it will keep you relatively safe. Amy, what do you reckon, can you carry mini or not?

*Lil has fashioned a carrier from a leather pencil cup lined with a linen napkin and the wires from a number of champagne corks twined together to form a handrail and vertical struts, with the whole thing wired to a harkonnen buckle*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 80

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Dons VPB*

Ready when everyone else is!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more