A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 81

Haragai

Sorry Folks. RL has thrown a spanner in my favourite passtime. I'll bow out graciously
Good luck, be well and return safely. Adventuring into a rift to parts unknown is not for me, today.
I'll retreat to the Salon.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 82

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I've room in here now *significant glance over shoulder at a 'bot that manages to look sheepish--not a bad trick for something technically faceless* though if we need min's nose the basket carrier would work better.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 83

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We'll let mini decide. smiley - smiley

Next we ought to do a weapons and defenses inventory.

I have a healthstone that Styx the Rat gave me, so I can be a healer as needed. I've also got a nanogun from Planet Elvis; I never know exactly what it's going to fire, but at least it always fires. And now I have the harkonnen, which may give me a height advantage, or crossing bodies of water or magma. Apart from that, I just have my IC etui and oh yes, an amazonian blowgun which I've got quite good at, shooting at typo's in the salon.

What have you all got?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 84

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

*hops into the basket carries, just in case a good sense of smell is needed*

Hmm weapons.

*hunts around in a mouse sized backpack*

smiley - spork, smiley - towel and some Kindling for fires.

*notices Amy looking sheepish at the mention of flames*

I will only use the firekit if we really need it, and I will be very very careful.

minismiley - mouse


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 85

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I've got my trusty claymore, and this brace of flintlock pistols... though I don't think the latter would be much good underwater.

Umm... I also have a box of sticking plasters and some asprin.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 86

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar equips his VPB.]

[gestures at the Japanese katana at his hip] I've got this sword, which is named Touhou, [indicates the raygun at his other hip] this gun called a Chefinator, an array of psychic powers which vaguely resemble those of a Jedi, and a knack for mad science. Um, hang on a moment, do I have time to duck out and get Grendel ...? Mmm, nah, probably taking things to ridiculous levels at that point.


I've got a sort of inventory of this character's items and abilities here: A26765175


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 87

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I'm not strong enough to carry much in the way of weaponry, though I'm very good at giving papercuts. I'm fairly resistant to blows, and can be taped back together if cut or torn. I'm a bit more fragile if I'm soaked, of course. Fire is not a good thing. Strong wind can be a problem, as far as staying in one place is concerned.

I'm not a complete liability, though, even when mufflewhumpless. I can scale walls as long as they're not perfectly smooth, and can slip under most doors. I don't trigger weight-based booby traps, either.

As far as the Mufflewhump, basic rations won't be a problem for those of you that eat, once I've programmed human and mouse (are there any other species with us?) nutritional needs into it--I can then tell Muffy what to leave out of various entities' rations, such as leaving gluten out of Hyp's. Plenty of fresh water, too. There's a very basic tractor system, though Muffy's expressed doubts that it will work well underwater, or towing multiple small things. But it could be wrong.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 88

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

No dairy in the smiley - mouse rations please.

Oh I still have this giant ball of strong twine/string, Maybe if you give me a little time and some help, we could weave it into a sort of net to put the patio bubbles in and tow that?

Just an idea, and I would need some help from a fellow scouty tying knots type person.

minismiley - mouse


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 89

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

As always, I have my trusty crossbow and short sword. I am wearing some lightweight armor, similar in weight to mithril but not nearly as strong. There is some weaponry on the Odra as well if we have the need, cannons and such.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 90

Todaymueller

Apart from a smiley - spork and smiley - towel I am a little short in the weaponry department. I can do a nasty look, which I have been told can be quite disconcerting. But if there is to be any fighting I can be at least relied upon to supply tea from the samovar and doughnuts for the troops at the front.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 91

The Corrupt One

*Corrupt hops into a VPB*

Oooh, this is neat! smiley - biggrin

My staff is pretty much all I carry. Oh, and some whistles, but I don't think they'll do much good underwater. I do have magic, though... but I may have to use things a bit more complicated than good ol 'fireball' there...

*She muses on this.*


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 92

Witty Moniker

Lil, what about those explosives that go with the lasting caps I have? Did you misplace them?

*Climbs into vpb, then double checks inventory.*

Yep, I still have my nano gun, my PDA, a bunch of needlework supplies, miscellaneous bits and bobs, some lint and my wits. Oh, there are a few Moxons in here, too.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 93

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*checks in her etui* Yup, got the explosives. I wrapped them in saran wrap. I remember because I almost mistook them for brownies once.

New adventurers, many of us have acquired our weapons in past adventure threads just like this. You'll have similar opportunities.

Tod, it occurs to me that you might be just the person for keeping custody of any entities we need to detain. It's kind of what you do, isn't it? smiley - smiley You could keep an extra VPB on hand or some plastic ties or something...


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 94

Afgncaap5

*Pokes his head in*

Say, Lil...what appears to be a massive mechanical dragon crashed into the roof, sorry about that...CLI's light shielding doesn't protect from impacts on that magnitude.

Also, there's been a two way cross-canon dimensional convergence, and I'm guessing it relates to the rift in here...and the...

*He notices the small crowd*

...and the people in here. That's always a significant event since it manages to subtract from the countably infinite number of parallel realities. I detect something like that, and take a, uh...passing interest.


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 95

Squid Minion 1

*As if in response to Lil mentioning weapons, there is a sharp click to the left and a thin stream of dust and sand shoots out of a small hole in the wall, followed immediately by a rusty metal arrow, whose momentum is barely sufficient for it to clear the hole. The arrow briefly twitches on the ground just below the hole before going still. A very small lcd screen on the side of the arrow shows a tiny picture of an empty battery in the top corner of the screen. There are a series of minuscule buttons and other controls on the metal feathers near the lcd screen (including one which is distinctly orange).*


Weapon anyone? The arrow is obviously programmable, but it's up to it's new owner to define the actual functions. Once you get it charged up, that is (another thing to define). Enjoy!


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 96

Squid Minion 1


Hey! where did my 's go?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 97

Squid Minion 1

[ooc]
It doesn't let you post [ooc] with angle brackets? It shows them in the preview.
[/ooc]


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 98

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We've spotted a feral inflatable squid! We're going to go rift-diving. Will you come with us?


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 99

Squid Minion 1

[ooc]
Okay, the square brackets work. Now just imagine [ooc] and [/ooc] surrounding the last paragraph of my first post.
[/ooc]


Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 100

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


The orchid skin doesn't allow what it deems to be illegal GuideML commands, and what it does to apostrophes just doesn't bear thinking about. Get out of orchid, is my advice. Or use curly brackets for the ooc's.




And we simulposted. Sorry.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more