A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Welcome to the atelier! If this is your first visit, please go to our main forum page, A304354, and read about us and what sort of place this is. You'll find a link there, that will take you offsite, where you'll find backstory, illustrations, and a floor plan.

We have no scribe, and therefore no comprehensive overview of events in the last conversation, but a few things stand out in your hostess's absentminded memory.

First, the Artrage event, which is by no means over. I hope that the gallery you all created was as much of an eye-opener for you as it was a pleasure for me to stroll through. I hope it was fun. Several professional artists have visited that gallery and were very impressed! Every last one of you has an innate sense of composition and a feel for color, because you are all (mostly) human, and all humans can do art, whether they know it or not. So you don't know the rules of perspective, or you don't know certain color tricks -- so what? You all did striking compositions.

Next, special mention goes to a significant event which we were all awaiting for many months, the marriage of our own Kelli to J. Much champagne was consumed here at the atelier, and those who attended brought back glowing stories of the happy day. Congratulations to you, Kelli, from all of us: may your marriage be long, happy and prosperous.

The atelier also found itself the locus of a religious war, between the Olivians, those who like olives, and the Fuchsians, those who can't stand the salty, oily bitter things, not that your hostess would ever want to show bias about this. The Fuchsians only ask to be left in peace, with no little black scraps showing up on their pizzas. The Olivians, fundamentalist to their pimiento-stuffed core, will apparently not rest until the Fuchsians are forced to eat olives. It's a bad business, and it has only just begun.

Two of us own new houses -- Dr. Z and the B Formerly Known as abcB. They are both lovely structures! Except for that fireplace, Z. smiley - winkeye

Bagpuss has just started a worthwhile thing, cited in his handle; he is overseeing a giant pushpin project. It is most interesting!

In our last conversation, we afforded special recognition to Marv, now Sir Marv KEA, for his service to the atelier. I have been waiting for the opportunity of a new conversation to confer another distinction, one that I am certain no salonista will argue with. At the end of this week I will be elevating Hypatia to the rank of Ambassador. Get out those fancy clothes you wore before, unless you're the sort of fashion plate with more than a few gowns in your closet, for, after the investiture, Hypatia will be entrusted with A Very Particular Mission. And you may want to be part of her posse, as they style legations these days.

And now Chloe and Matina have finished tidying up the salon, and the samovar is full. Everyone, please make yourselves at home.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Hypatia

Morning.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Phil

[p]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Hypatia

Did I do it? Did I really do it?


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

J'au-æmne

{[j'au]}


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Demon Drawer

So close!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Damn! I almost did it! And for the second time in a row as well... If it wasn't for a call coming through at just the wrong moment...


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

1st LED at least.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

8?

*rushes off to find that tux*

smiley - ale


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

logicus tracticus philosophicus

[ltp]


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - run First led?


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Kat - From H2G2

FIRST LED!!!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Guess I better go find that tophat.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Mrs Zen

smiley - run


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*wonders where he put his posh clothes*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Matina brings Hypatia an Irish coffee in a FTTF mug and a large yellow nerf hammer for her meeting with the smellfungus*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

Demon Drawer

Mr Dreadful that was my excuse as well.


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Agapanthus

*heads straight for the samovar. The samovar is Ag's friend*


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

A pox on telephony!


7EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

STRANGEDUDE

(SD)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more